The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads :: Which are the must have Penguin Live Lecture's ? (34 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
I enjoyed Roberto Giobbi's, really really good for beginners too.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
I really enjoyed Peter Samelson's lecture.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1699 Posts

Profile of Futureal
... when Peter Samuelson got someone’s mother out of the audience who was CLEARLY not a magician or interested in it other than being there to support her son and got her up to assist in a trick then that’s fine. But having her then sit next to him at the table for a marathon THREE HOUR LECTURE when she was clearly totally uncomfortable is one of the most clueless things I’ve ever seen at a magic lecture.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
797 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Pop Haydn's Live Lecture is the Cool Box sale at Penguin today for $15.00. Grab it.
gogeta98
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of gogeta98
Echoing the recommendations for David Williamson's lecture. If you're reading this thread and you haven't seen it, just buy it, he is amazing and it will elevate your magic. I also loved Dani DaOrtiz lectures, although I haven't seen his act lecture yet.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I learned to faro shuffle a number of years ago and wondered the other night why I never got Paul Gertner's "Unshuffled". Currently, all that seems available is the Kicker (which also teaches you 'Unshuffled,' so I believe), which I didn't really want. So decided to spend $6 less and get Paul's Penguin Live Lecture. Overall, the lecture wasn't high on my list (just due to personal preferences, YMMV), but "Unshuffled" is (to me) fantastic, and Paul gives a lot of great advice on the business end of magic (dealing & maintaining relationships with clients, etc...).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
cuchullain
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma City
94 Posts

Profile of cuchullain
The Lonnie Chevrie lecture was superb. The effects are stunning yet fairly simple to perform, wide ranging and well taught. It is clear he is a long time working pro and he generously passed on his repertoire.
BathTub
View Profile
Regular user
Wellington, NZ
102 Posts

Profile of BathTub
I really enjoyed Ryan Schlutz's lecture. All very approachable routines, in fact I used 2 of them for a show last year, and there are more I want to try out.
Nigel McNaughton aka 'BathTub'
hcs
View Profile
Special user
Germany, Magdeburg
509 Posts

Profile of hcs
What is better brown shoes or boots? (Just a German saying.)
Robert P.
View Profile
Special user
Kansas
633 Posts

Profile of Robert P.
Any favorites from the last couple of years? I haven’t had my subscription for a bit and would like to hear of any recent standouts.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Lake Worth FL
1026 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
If you like hard-hitting, and entertaining magic with cards, then you could do worse:

$20 if you buy it from me.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7993

Considered by many to be one of their favorite penguin videos!
ltrblst
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of ltrblst
Joe Diamond!
Elmer 84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Elmer 84
I really enjoyed the Ian Rowland lecture.
Bruce T
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Bruce T
The recently released Bill Abbott Live lecture
ThomasJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1002 Posts

Profile of ThomasJ
These aren’t new, but while I’m here...this is a handful that come to mind:

Rafael Benatar - His double and top change work is wonderful. Also seems like a genuinely wonderful guy.
David Williamson - Required watching, no stone left unturned. Powerful magic and theory from start to finish.
Tom Stone - Extremely valuable misdirection advice in here. Take notes.
David Ben - His magic is refreshing and his passion is contagious.
Steve Valentine - Very enjoyable to watch and learn from. He references a lot of the classic texts and creates strong routines around simple effects. Good advice on performing and technical touches.
Tom Mullica - R.I.P. He is a joy to watch and there is very strong magic in here.
John Carney - One of the best alive.
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
358 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
The Paul Voodini lecture was fantastic! He shared some hilarious anecdotes and great advice.
alexandreventura
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of alexandreventura
David Williamson was not a lecture, it was a religious experience. It was perfect in every way.