The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Very Large Dry Transfer Numbers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Shikanominarazu
Does anyone know where one can obtain very large (1.5-2 inches high) dry transfer numbers? I need to print numbers on a deck of blank cards and this seems to be the best way to do it?
Thanks,
Dan
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
412 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
Dan - I went to Staples and got peel and stick vinyl numbers to put on blank faced bicycle cards for a trick I am doing and they worked spectacularly!
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You can also check Blick for Chartpak numbers.

https://www.dickblick.com/products/chartpak-vinyl-numbers/
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Thanks for the responses. I'm worried that vinyl numbers will significantly change the thickness of the card. Do they not?
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Dry Transfer went the way of most old methods. Computers forced them out of business.

If you do some searching, I seem to remember the sheets being sold and using printer you can print your own, non ink jets printer.

I found a website that will make custom transfers for you in 24 hours.

https://imagetransfers.com/blog/how-our-......etraset/
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Thanks Bill, those look great but way too expensive. I'll look into some other way of printing.
rhettbryson
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville, SC Not ashamed of his
412 Posts

Profile of rhettbryson
The vinyl numbers didn’t significantly change the thickness - but I only used 6 in the deck with the trick I was doing - not really noticeable IMO.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
We humans are funny that way, I know I am as well. A little discrepancy really doesn't matter, but it does have to get fixed in my opinion.

I just did a brake job on my car, all the sound proofing material on the back plate has worn off, thus the noise of the bearings travels through the car. It is noticeable and can be annoying if you want it to. So next spring I will spend the buy a new back plate that costs $150, and install it so I don't have to listen to it. Most would leave it, but it is not suppose to be making that sound in my mind, so it will get replaced.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Rhett,
While I'm sure for a few cards it would be fine, I need it for every card in a deck. I suspect it would become noticeable.
-D
Tap Roniart
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of Tap Roniart
No experience with this method, but you could try a good old ink or even laser printer, feeding stock from back, no? If you feed from the back, it doesn't "roll" the stock. You'll need to tape them to a normal paper yup ensure it lines up, but thou might be surprised.

Most inkjet printers let you specify glossy stock (a la photo paper) just let dry. If any smearing, lightly prep stock w/300+ grit paper, and it should work great.

If you make a MS Word template to do multiples, you can print the template out (will have card outlines), and you can redo any time. I wouldn't mind a copy of that template!

Also, it must be the cheapest... ehr... "most cost effective" way besides transfers, and of course is thin.

Please excuse any spelling, grammar, and any ideas that end up bad as I'm on cell.
Tap Roniart

# PM me your effects looking for a method!
# Please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors-especially ideas that end up being awful-as I am on cell.
# Mods: I only break site rules that the "inner circle" themselves break.
Shikanominarazu
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Thanks Tap, I'll look into that.

-D