The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Holey Change by Sansminds (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2069 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I got mine yesterday... it’s excellent. As Mark said, one of Sansminds best releases in years. Comes ready to perform out of the box- no arts and crafts required for once.

The method surprised me- not what I expected as it has no moving parts and nothing can “break” like some other similar effects named in this thread.

Easy to do, looks amazing, very clean and it’s deceptive. The DVD is also very well produced and clearly explained. If you like what you see in the trailer, this is a no brainer.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Check out our review and demo here

www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of King14
Mark great review on the products but your partner makes the watching process so depressing. He clearly is not a sales person and is always rushing the review of the products and standing with his hands in his pockets gives the impression he does not care.
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2208 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Love this.
Treated the card with science Friction as well.
Recoplon
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of Recoplon
Quote:
On Oct 3, 2017, Saturn UK wrote:

If you want to replace your gimmicks you will need a hole punch to make your own and the cards, or you could cut any shape hole you like as long as you ensure the holes in the cards line up.

What is the hole size in the supplied gimmicks?
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3521 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
King14 wrote:

Quote:
...your partner makes the watching process so depressing. He clearly is not a sales person and is always rushing the review of the products and standing with his hands in his pockets gives the impression he does not care.

I didn't get that impression at all. Both presenters were fine and worked well together.
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Fero
View Profile
Loyal user
294 Posts

Profile of Fero
Just got it. The routine and the idea behind this project are quite interesting but the gimmick can easily flash. The friction applied disappear after few performances.
If they could apply a locking system this trick would be quite nice but they lost another opportunity to upgrade their fame at sansmind.
Disappointed
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney
I liked it - nothing to build, if your "friction" disappears, most of us know the secret to reapply it

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Chris Mayhew put out a VERY similar looking effect (multiple effects actually) in his booklet A Clockwork Apple, back in 2008: http://forums.geniimagazine.com/viewtopic.php?t=25888

There were also several subsequent video releases of his Hole Cards work.
https://store.theory11.com/products/hole-thing-chris-mayhew

That said, I do not believe he used any additional "friction" help, but the effect, and basic mechanics, look pretty much identical to what I've seen here.
Obviously, particularly if there is true innovation in the method, identical appearance of effect can occur, despite original methods.

MANY have played with similar props and effects, but this is particularly similar looking to Mayhew's release. Hadn't seen that mentioned yet, but thought it was at least worth touching on.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7028 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Chris's Clockwork Apple booklet was about vanishes and reappearances. Not color changes, right? At least, that's what I remember.
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On Oct 25, 2017, Cameron Francis wrote:
Chris's Clockwork Apple booklet was about vanishes and reappearances. Not color changes, right? At least, that's what I remember.

That's a good question. I may be mistaken, but I recall seeing a colour change. Not sure if it was in Clockwork Apple, or later.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
philipsw
View Profile
Loyal user
206 Posts

Profile of philipsw
Finally got round to looking at this, and I really like it. Simple, practical, visual, effective. I have been underwhelemed by a great many SansMinds releases, but I think this one is well worth a look, in spite of its name! Full review here: http://www.bicycle-cards.co.uk/2018/02/2......-review/
http://www.morethanmagic.co.uk

It's not what you do but the way that you do it!