The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: SansMinds Magic :: Sonic Stab by Loki Kross (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Has anyone purchased this or seen it live? Outside of the ads, I haven't seen any reviews.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
Hi Jack,

it's very nice but I didn't tried it yet, 2 versions totally workable.

if you like this type of effect can't get any simpler * 5 of 5!
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of codydavismagic
I picked this up and will write a review soon
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
869 Posts

Profile of jskalon
Thanks guys.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Haven't had a minute to sit down and write a review yet, but will get to this soon! Something really important to note, is that you can do this with a lot of different objects. They don't go over that, but this looks great with a Karate Coin. It's crazy impressive and I have got some great reactions!
Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
755 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Can they pick any card or is the prep done beforehand?? Me thinks probably the latter.
codydavismagic
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Here is my review but first the ad copy "
The modern-day Card Stab!

Sonic Stab is a versatile card prediction routine with style! With a pair of standard headphones around your neck, you will pick out your spectator's chosen card every single time. Just toss the deck of cards into the air, crack the headphones like a whip, and watch your audience's reaction when you stab their chosen card with your headphones!

It is quick to set up, easy to perform, and extremely fun for both performer and audience!

If you ever want to feel like Indiana Jones while performing, Sonic Stab is the routine for you!

What you receive: 1 Sonic Stab Instructional DVD

TV rights not included with purchase. Please contact SansMinds for TV rights. "

I really like this effect. Someone brought up a question but it got deleted I think asking if the spectator can put the headphones around your neck like in the trailer, and I am pleased to answer yes! This is a really versatile effect and you can a lot of different objects. The one they talk about is cards, which will be the primary use and it's great. Something I have messed around with is using change though, and impaling a quarter, which has gotten great reactions. The effect isn't hard to do, and you can focus a lot on the performance and the presentation while doing something that looks impossible. They talk about doing a signed card version at the end (which is possible but I won't be using it).
Pros: Easy to do, easy reset, can be performed surrounded, can be done with one card, or multiple.
Cons: Cards end up on the ground, but it's a card stab.
I would rate this 5/5. It's a great effect and I will be using it.

Let me know if you have any questions!
Yuan Moons
View Profile
Veteran user
348 Posts

Profile of Yuan Moons
Nice effect but who wants to pick up all the cards afterwards.
DavidKenney
View Profile
Inner circle
2178 Posts

Profile of DavidKenney

Title: Sonic Stab
Creator: Loki Kross
Publisher: Sans Minds
MSRP: $ 25
Skill Level: All
DVD Run time: 18 minutes

Sonic Stab is a versatile card prediction routine with style! With a pair of standard headphones around your neck, you will pick out your spectator's chosen card every single time. Just toss the deck of cards into the air, crack the headphones like a whip, and watch your audience's reaction when you stab their chosen card with your headphones! ​

Review link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYyThX1eazE