The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Cheesy Presentation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
I'll offer this up for anyone who wants to get the creativity flowing with a little imagination exercise.

I think this presentation idea would work best with really STRONG, high impact magic. In other words, the "cheesy" presentation belies the hard-hitting effect.

I'll provide the opening premise and maybe a sample idea. What other effect/presentation combos might work well with this dynamic? Of course, the presentation does not need to be your cup of tea or even fit your persona or character as it's just an imagination exercise.

The premise or introduction:

"I confess sometimes I enjoy a glass of cheap wine. Or some microwave popcorn and a B movie. I might even watch part of an afternoon talk show (oh the drama) or a cheesy late-night infomercial. Some things are just so bad that they are good. I will even admit that once in a while, I have performed tacky magic..."

Lest the outrage of sophisticated magicians be leveled against me, I will provide a sample idea--a real life example of solid magic cloaked in a low-rent presentation:

The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
Dr. O
View Profile
Veteran user
NC
395 Posts

Profile of Dr. O
Just like being in my old neighborhood magic shop all those years ago. Thoughtful thread and strong magic. Thanks for posting.