The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Canadian Association of Magicians! :: Jorg Alexander Lecture Tour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5482 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Jorg Alexander Lecture

Jorg Alexander is one of Germany’s busiest magicians, and a member of the world famous Flicking Fingers. As a full-time professional since 1994,
he has performed and lectured in Germany, England, Spain, Argentina, USA, France, Finland, Austria and Switzerland.

As a FISM competitor he won awards for his performances in the categories of close-up card magic, and mentalism.

He is the creator of Sympathetic Ten and Fantastic Aces, both commercially available, best-selling items from his working repertoire.

His lecture covers both parlor and close-up magic, and also delves into performance theory, discussing the topics of direction of attention,
intrinsic actions, and routine construction and development.

We are delighted to welcome Jorg for a special, expanded, summer edition of The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series.

The Can-Am Conjuring Lecture Series presents...
Jorg Alexander

August 25th, 2017- Seattle, WA
7:00 PM
Phinney Center (Blue Building) in Room 6
6532 Phinney Ave. N.
Seattle, WA 98103

August 26th, 2017 - Vancouver, WA (Portland area)
Dave's Killer Magic Shop
1707 Main Street
Vancouver, WA

August 27th, 2017 - Eugene, OR
3:30 PM
Lane Community College, Building 19
4000 E 30th Ave.
Eugene, OR 97405

August 28th, 2017 - Calgary, Alberta
Communitywise Resource Centre
223 12th Ave SW

August 29th, 2017 - Winnipeg, Manitoba
St. James Anglican Church
195 Collegiate St. Winnipeg MB, R3J 1T9

August 31st, 2017 - Edmonton, AB
Magic Emporium
8840 60 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB

September 1st, 2017 - Mission, BC
7969 Tuckwell Terrace
Mission, BC

September 2nd, 2017 - Victoria, BC
Attwood Magic Studios
2634 Alderglen Pl.
Victoria, BC V9C 3P5

September 4th, 2017 - Halifax, NS
Location TBD

September 5th, 2017 - Montreal, QC
The Mainline Theater
3997 Boulevard Saint-Laurent
Montreal, H2W 1Y4, Canada

September 6th, 2017 - Ottawa, ON
6490 Greely West Drive
Greely Ontario K4P 1E8

September 7th, 2017 - Toronto, ON
Location TBD
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5482 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
The reviews on Jorg's lecture are pouring in...

From Rob Vanden Heuvel, in Calgary:
Jorg Alexander delivered a fantastic lecture tonight in Calgary. These weren't thrown together ideas... or tricks concocted for the sake of peddling something on Penguin. These were true performance pieces, some 10+ years in the making. Jorg not only performed his creations beautifully; he explained all the fascinating nuances that elevate magic from mere trifles to an art form.

This is why I don't pass on lectures by people who may not be "household names" (in North America at least). Because sometimes you find hidden gems like Germany's Jorg Alexander. Don't miss this lecture... and bring some dinero so you can take some of the fantastic effects and teaching home with you.

From Ray Hyman, in Eugene:
Magic lectures can be judged according to a number of dimensions: the quality of the presentation; the performance skills of the lecturer; the originality of the magic; the clarity of explanations; etc. Jorg Alexander got the highest possible ratings on all dimensions. Every trick he taught was superb, clearly explained, and first rate. Everything he taught us was straight from his working repertoire.

We have been fortunate to have experienced a set of lecturers who were excellent. Each one excelled on one or more aspects. Jorg Alexander was the first one who excelled in every facet of a magic lecture. I feel blessed to have witnessed this beautifully crafted presentation.

From Jay Frasier in Eugene:
Spread the word up in Canada -- Jorg's lecture was fantastic! His magic is classy, artistic, and professional. Personally, I thought his lecture was one of the best, if not the best, I've ever seen. Ray Hyman told me he thought it was the best lecture we've had in Eugene. Ron Friedland said it was one of the most memorable lectures he's seen. I loved Jorg's attention to detail and polished presentations. For me, this lecture was truly inspiring. Not only that, he fooled the pants off of me too! My one word review -- WOW!

And the tour continues:

August 31st, 2017 - Edmonton, AB
Magic Emporium
8840 60 Avenue NW
Edmonton, AB

September 1st, 2017 - Mission, BC
7969 Tuckwell Terrace
Mission, BC

September 2nd, 2017 - Victoria, BC