The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Trick coin trickery :: Roy Kueppers: Quicksilver (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TheHillusionist
Good day all,

I have been constructing a pretty cool coin routine using Canadian Loonies and am impressed with the sounds of this little addition, entitled "Quicksilver" by Roy Kueppers.

You change gold loonie to silver, hand out immediately for inspection, retrieve it and change it back to gold. The change happens simply by rubbing your fingers on the front of the coin.

One problem .. I can't seem to find one video or review of quicksilver. Does anybody own this that can provide a review or clip?

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/6797

Thanks
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Is there anything that leads you to think this couldn't just be a silver loonie, along with a spellbound switch/french drop?
That's still impressive, but nothing that needs much of a review.

It might be something more, but at that price, it's the simplest possibility that would be pretty easy to do/sell.

Of course, I don't have it, and haven't seen any reviews, either, so this is entirely conjecture, and I could be way off. But it's something to consider.
If you end up getting it, let us know what you think!
TheHillusionist
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of TheHillusionist
I figured that it might be something like that also.

I'm interested in the quality of the silver loonie.. looks good and should elicit some great reactions. Just wish I could see a demo of it.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

It's pretty easy to plate a coin - it's done with jewelry all the time, and there's an old set - Alchemists Phantasy - that came with a copper plated (US) Half Dollar and a silver plated English Penny. They were of good quality - nothing you'd want to carry around loose in your pocket (with other change) all day, but solid enough to stand up to frequent use.

I suspect this one would be similar.
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
I have Quadruple spellbound by Simon Aronson, nice routine and the Coins are very good, it is more expensive that the Kueppers one but you have 2 routines one by Aronson and one by Meir and the gimmick coins
https://www.mymagic.com/p/walk-around-ma......-aronson
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Sure, it's a nice set, but it doesn't really help his desire to extend the "a pretty cool coin routine using Canadian Loonies" that the OP is working on...
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1684 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Tons, the OP did not ask how to extend the pretty cool coin routine, rather he asked for a review or a video of Quicksilver, I don't have it and I don't have the video either, but trying to help him I provided what it seems a video of a routine that uses similar kind of coins so he could use it as another idea. The closest I have.
Are you offering anything else to help him? or you just did not understand why I provided the link, I hope it is now more clear my post.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

He didn't ask for us to help extending it, but he did say he was thinking of doing so. Here's what he said:

Quote:
I have been constructing a pretty cool coin routine using Canadian Loonies and am impressed with the sounds of this little addition, entitled "Quicksilver" by Roy Kueppers.

One problem .. I can't seem to find one video or review of quicksilver. Does anybody own this that can provide a review or clip?

It seems petty clear that he's working on extending it himself, and so the review request was in that context.
I have no reason to believe that Quicksilver uses any CS coins (which Quadruple Spellbound does), so it's not really a fair comparison (and still isn't a review).
I was trying to point this out, so that the OP isn't lead to believe something incorrectly, or that the quadruple spellbound would satisfy his needs.