The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Which Card Magic DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SuperMagic
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of SuperMagic
What are some of the card magic DVDs that teach you the second deal?
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Two that I personally have are:

Ed Marlo's 'The Cardician'

Daryl's Card Sleights series, Vol.7
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
John McDonald
View Profile
Regular user
Manchester, England, UK
171 Posts

Profile of John McDonald
I'll second The Cardician by Marlo posted above by neomagic.
Best wishes John
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1784 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
I'll third The Cardician!
AlexWong
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of AlexWong
I'd fourth Marlo. His technique is brillant.

But Daryl's DVD gives more variety. So depends on what you are looking for.

I suggest getting Marlo's Revolutionary Card Technique Book. And tons of false deals along with tons of his other work.

Alternative sources of the Second Deal would include ECT.

Have fun!
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Brad Burt has a great video that deals with this subject.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Hi Pal,
I am new in magic. I posted some question before, but I forget which section I put it. So sorry.
Is Daryl's DVD will he explain the sleights? I mean, I have trouble doing some card sleights, such as double lift, looks very simple yet not convincing when I do it. I bought Gerry Griffin DVD's Vol 1 to 7. They are good DVDs, but the variation is very weak. I mean the tricks are very good. So now, I am looking at Daryl's. Please kindly advise me. Card magic has been a big interest to me.
Dark
View Profile
Elite user
406 Posts

Profile of Dark
Daryl's Encyclopedia of Card Sleights is just that, an large list of slights and the mechanics. In my opinion Daryl does a good job explaining each slight plus their variants. Its been invaluable for me when I learn from books, because I can reference back to the videos when the book isn't clear enough.

Unfortunately it isn't as "encyclopedic" as I'd like, so it doesn't cover many variants of the pass, no setup DL, classic force, and such. As far as books are concerned I think the Card College series Is encyclopedic, and it's my other "super" reference.

Aamwood, if you're specifically interested in the DL, I would suggest Greg Wilson's Double Take video. Pick one (or two) that works for you and practice practice practice.
aamwood
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of aamwood
Thank you Dark, I really appreciate that.
Yes, I will check the Greg Wilson video, hopefully they have that in DVD format.
And what about "Daryl's Card Revelation 1 - 5?" What is that about is it about revealing the selected card? I think this is also a good reference. What do you think?
I am so sorry for this question, I am really new to this. However, I love the card magic.

Magically,

Alex
tylerdurden
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of tylerdurden
I don't own daryls card revelation series but I have heard on good authority that they are not that good.
marcus2
View Profile
New user
uk
78 Posts

Profile of marcus2
Allan Ackerman vol 2.
Fayaad Manie
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Fayaad Manie