The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: On the Loose Volumes 2 and 4, Color Changing Knives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
Hi, I am interested in Bill Malone's second and fourth videos in this series. I am especially interested in the Bill to Lemon. I'm not sure if the bill to lemon on Ammar's Money Miracles (volume three) DVD is the same?

Also, I want to do Bill's version of the color-changing knives. Would Daryl's Color Changing knives work for that routine? Or would I need a different type? Thanks a bunch. ~Ryan
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
I'm not familiar with the Bill in Lemon routines, but I can tell you that Daryl's Knife Set will not work the same as you follow the Malone routine.

BWind
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Daryl's routine was worked about because he hated the style of color changing knives used in Bill's routine and many other peoples. I like Daryl's, but the knives are very thick (hard to do the paddle move with) and it's hard to alter the routine. I use Bill's routine all of the time and the routine uses the standard w/w w/b set. The best part, he leaves everything inspectable.

As for the Bill in Lemon routine, this is one of my favorite, because it can even be used in walk around and the bill can be signed. I don't like the types that use serial numbers; it just doesn't seem impressive. Bill's has a great load, production of the lemon, and good plot.
rlk7
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of rlk7
OK, what particular type of color-changing knives do you recommend? I saw the "Morris knives", and they looked OK. I don't want to spend big money.

Thanks.

~Ryan
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
The set that I have is like $10, and it's the kind that Malone uses. I bought it at my local shop. I'm not sure where online, though.
roya
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
211 Posts

Profile of roya
I bought these:
http://www.magicmakers.com/Magicsite/Clo......ves.html

Cheap, but works great for me...
cajuninms
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of cajuninms
I am not sure about either references but I can assure you that both effects are great...i have all 4 dvds....great set, my fav
BWind
View Profile
Loyal user
Honolulu, Hawaii
262 Posts

Profile of BWind
If you live in an area of high humidity, those cheap knives will rust very quickly, actually, they'll begin to rust right in your pocket; I also have a Mogar set, the same set that Whit recommends, but I hardly use them, I prefer taking the cheap ones with me everywhere;
BWind