The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Polly wants a cracker... :: Rabbit digging/scratching while waiting in production box...how do you deal? (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I agree with Tricky Ricky. Put something inside the box along the wood walls to see if it will help your bunny stop scratching the wood walls. Maybe plexiglass or a thin sheet of metal. If nothing stops the your bunny from scratching the box making the noise, maybe a foam material along the walls will eliminate the noise.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Jan 31, 2018, drmolarmagic wrote:
So I've started working with a new bunny and even after all the training and precautions, my little fluff ball was nervous enough to pee just before production. I picked up the bucket and it was dripping!. You just keep going and clean it up afterwards. I'm sure she'll get the hang of it after some more rehearsal time....I love working with animals.

I started this thread because of your issue: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=13
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3288 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2017, Rook wrote:

LOL, But he's already the star! People line up after the show to see him...I'm just the guy who holds him.

Rook just a comment off the subject, if you are sitting holding the rabbit in your lap while children are touching him, you’re asking for problems; I always without fail pick a mom from the audience and have her place a towel on her lap and hand her the rabbit to place on her lap....

In todays climate having a young child moving a hand anywhere near your crotch is a dangerous decision and a good way to have your promo picture posted on Megan’s List
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2019, Howie Diddot wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2017, Rook wrote:

LOL, But he's already the star! People line up after the show to see him...I'm just the guy who holds him.

Rook just a comment off the subject, if you are sitting holding the rabbit in your lap while children are touching him, you’re asking for problems; I always without fail pick a mom from the audience and have her place a towel on her lap and hand her the rabbit to place on her lap....

In todays climate having a young child moving a hand anywhere near your crotch is a dangerous decision and a good way to have your promo picture posted on Megan’s List

I agree wholeheartedly, and my comment may have given the wrong impression. At the end of the show, those who wish to visit with him come up to the table, as his production box doubles as a carrier these days and the front remains open as he sits there happily being pet.

On a side note, the rabbit I've written about earlier has since retired from the magic scene and I've been working for Somme while now with his understudy in my shows. I had been training him to be reinforced in the box since he was a kit and he seems to consider it his happy place.
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I used to have a figgity rabbit that I produced from a mirror box. I added a cardboard shelf to the load compartment, so the rabbit could sit comfortably, and I made a bag for the rabbit that fastened across the rabbit's upper back with hook and eye fasteners. Only the rabbit's head poked out of the bag and it kept his feet close to his body. The bag was made of light broadcloth.
Rook
View Profile
Special user
I went to the Magic Cafe and all I got were these lousy
834 Posts

Profile of Rook
Quote:
On Mar 16, 2021, Alan Munro wrote:
I used to have a figgity rabbit that I produced from a mirror box. I added a cardboard shelf to the load compartment, so the rabbit could sit comfortably, and I made a bag for the rabbit that fastened across the rabbit's upper back with hook and eye fasteners. Only the rabbit's head poked out of the bag and it kept his feet close to his body. The bag was made of light broadcloth.

Very clever idea, Alan!
Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.

-Roald Dahl