The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Big and the Small :: Forces for Mini Deck (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Hello,

I know there are hundreds of ways to force a playing card.

Any wisdom regarding whether certain forces are well suited when using a mini deck, and what your suggestions are, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Googoomafint11
View Profile
New user
I actually have more than only
28 Posts

Profile of Googoomafint11
While I don't specifically use a mini deck, I've tried some forces with it, and it just makes things harder because of the size, and I'm not just talking about for the magician, but for the audience as well. It's harder for them to see what you are doing with it. But some forces that would work would be the classic cross cut force. That would be a great and simple one to use, and yet is very effective.

The 21 card force would work as well, maybe not ideal though.

If I were to use a force with a mini deck, it would be the cross cut force, nice and easy to do, and yet so effective. As long as you have some patter in it, there is no way of the audience knowing what you did!
Error 404
Code _signature_ not found
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5313 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
A mini card in the deck would give you the same type advantage as a short card or a very small break.

Other than using it to help with a force, check out Mike Powers "amBIGuous card". It is a favorite of mine.
'
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3879 Posts

Profile of Julie
A super easy force with a mini deck is to have the force card on top; palm it off and present the deck to the participant to shuffle. When she is through shuffling instruct her to set the deck upon the table and cut it anywhere she desires.

Ask her if you have influenced exactly WHERE she cut the deck--at the same time picking up the remaining portion of the deck where she cut--adding the palmed card to the top of this portion.

By looking at her and asking the question you will have momentarily directed her attention from your action of adding the palmed card.

Redirect attention back to this cut to portion of the mini deck and slide of the card where she "freely cut" (in reality this is the palmed/force card you added) off the top and present it to her.

The deed is done and the size of the mini cards makes the execution extremely easy.

Julie
supremefiction
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of supremefiction
Thank you.
harrisfellman
View Profile
New user
Barcelona, Spain
5 Posts

Profile of harrisfellman
Something similar I've done with mini cards is "shuffle them" in my hands by shaking them up ... the bottom card stays in place every time. YOu can then do the cris cross force (as above) and force the bottom card)

Also, doing a slop shuffle on the table, you can keep track of the top card pretty easily and allow it to go back on top.
holdingoutflat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of holdingoutflat
I would say that forces that require the spectator holding the deck would be good. Anything mathematical, timing, illogical, etc.