The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: JOL plus soft wallet (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
RevConfused
View Profile
New user
Yorkshire, UK
65 Posts

Profile of RevConfused
Evening all

Inspired by my recent purchase of the Kaps wallet and fired up with my newly ..erm.."fired up" p**ming gusto, I thought I'd look into wallets a tad more.

Whilst watching a dvd on another trick, I spotted a wallet trick being used (item to envelope within envelope within zipped wallet). On discussion with the supplier of said item, it transpires it's the JOL Large Plus Soft Wallet
http://www.propdog.co.uk/propdog-reccomends/large-plus-soft

I bit the bullet and bought one, which arrived today.

I have to say I prefer this hand over fist to my Kaps already. It's softer, feels more real and worn in straight out of the box.
As well as the p**m methods it also features no p**m and p**k.
The general layout and construction makes so much more sense to me and looks and feels more like a real wallet should. I'm going to start using this as my everyday real wallet and see where that takes me.

On top of that it comes in a nice box with some free "bonsolopes" and a great dvd of instructions and routines and ideas and even a link to download more info.

More expensive than my Kaps, but, even on day 1 this is inspiring me 200% more.

I heartily recommend.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4213 Posts

Profile of warren
I'm a big fan of the JOL wallet range and have used a JOL hip wallet as my everyday wallet for over 20 years, I like the look of the plus wallets but would probably go for the small over the large personally.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4213 Posts

Profile of warren
As an update I still use the JOL hip wallet as my every day wallet and have a brand new one as a spare ready to go.

On top of that I now also have the small Plus wallet and a Small EZ wallet which is the one I tend to use at gigs......I have to say loading the EZ wallet is so fast that I wanted to just produce a card from my pocket not so long ago however as I had the EZ wallet in my pocket as soon as my hand went into the pocket I automatically loaded the wallet without even trying to, I think it would be impossible to load a wallet any faster.
Magonil
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Magonil
I love jol wallet everyday use
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Howdy peeps!

I am considering purchasing a JOL wallet. I want it mainly for playing cards.

Is the small size suitable for playing cards? (unfolded)

What size Bonsolopes are the right size for playing cards?

Thanks a lot!

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
fcchief1
View Profile
Loyal user
267 Posts

Profile of fcchief1
JOL Small takes a medium size bonsolope envelope if you can find any, out of stock at Prop Dog, I ran out and now am thinking of how I can fabricate my own just not sure of the actual size since don't have one to use as a template. And yes the small JOL is great for card to wallet or envelope in the wallet, both in a zippered compartment. I like the small since I don't wear a jacket often and the large seems to big to be hanging out in my back pocket.
Jacob Hanley
View Profile
Regular user
113 Posts

Profile of Jacob Hanley
Hey Matt, you are welcome to try out mine if you want to pay shipping for it and send it back if you do not like it. I have the Small Black Soft Leather version. Dave recommends the soft version if you want to do ring or coin to envelope, and the hard version if you are only doing cards. I have tried the hard version, but simply my preference is soft because I like the feel of the leather and the softness allows me to load things a tad easier.

fcchief1, I have some self-assembly medium ones if you would like me to send them to you so you can make some.

Thanks!

Jacob Hanley