The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Up in smoke! :: Tom Mullica > Nicotine Nincompoop and swallowing cigarettes (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
Hello,
I'm thinking about buying Tom Mullica's "AN EVENING AT THE TOM-FOOLERY", shown in http://www.mymagic.com/mullica.htm
I once talked about it with a magician and he said that in order to do this, I'd needed to be able to have a full cigarette in my mouth. He obviously didn't tell me how the trick worked, but I wouldn't want to buy it if I must do that, because the problem is that I can't put a cigarette in my mouth because of the length, I choak just with the idea, and it's not about the fire but about the length.
If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks.

Links are OK, right? Smile
magic 12376
View Profile
Regular user
Wilkes-Barre Pa
116 Posts

Profile of magic 12376
Marlboro now has a shorter cigarette on the market.
They are about two thirds the length of a normal cigarette.
Ronald R. Romiski
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The fantastic routine is not only putting 1 full length cigarette in you mouth but about 15, while they are burning. You do get burnt alot, Tom admits he still gets burnt. That is the price of entertainment. The only trick to the effect is the vanish of all the cigarettes while burning. The rest is not a trick.

This is his show as he performed it, while he owned a bar. This does not have any explaination on it. He is very entertaining a fantastic performer. See his book for the explainations on the items for 'An Evening at the Tom-Foolery'. The Cigarette eating is not in his book as he was not willing to part with it yet. Now that he has sort of retired the act, only coming out for special occasions, he released the secret on tape.

Tom has several tape on cigarette magic. His last one has the cigarette eating trick on it. Check Steven Magic on line for the tapes.

Tom said he used a full pack of cigs for every performance while in performing in France. This got very expensive for him at the time. Tom informed me that he had stopped smoking while in France, so I guess it is true if you smoke a whole pack at once you will get sick of it and never smoke again.

Now that cigarettes are from $5 to $10 dollars a pack depending on where you live, the practice alone will be very costly.
Rafa
View Profile
Regular user
Costa Rica
102 Posts

Profile of Rafa
Thank you very much for the detailed information.
I really appreciate it. I think I won't be able to perform this trick, but the information was very useful.
Thanks again. Smile
Rafa.
e-man
View Profile
Special user
HILTON HEAD,SC
881 Posts

Profile of e-man
Thank Smile Smile
我被烹调
ERIC HELVENSTON
Ray Pierce
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2604 Posts

Profile of Ray Pierce
The video you mentioned is wonderful and wlil give you an idea of the entire evening there in Atlanta. If you want to learn the actual cigarette “eating” act, you’ll need to get his cigarette DVD’s. He tips the entire act on DVD #3 https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S8455
Ray Pierce
jsbosco
View Profile
New user
Detroit, MI
64 Posts

Profile of jsbosco
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2004, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Now that cigarettes are from $5 to $10 dollars a pack depending on where you live, the practice alone will be very costly.

Mullica said himself he couldn't bring himself to practice the whole routine as it wasn't worth the pain if people weren't laughing.

I would start with trying to catch an unlit cigarette in your mouth. I have been trying for years to consistently snag an airborne cigarette in my lips and still my success rate is middling.
Mindboggler
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Mindboggler
I seen Denny Haney eat a cigarette also Rocco does it I just seen cardinni do it on YouTube today its a solid vanish ...I wanna learn it but I haven't found any resource yet that are still available
Mindboggler
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Mindboggler
Penguin did have the tom Mullica for download ><