The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Fender Passport 250 PD Speaker Stands? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
g0thike
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of g0thike
I own a Fender Passport 250 PD and I want to get some speaker stands. I read somewhere in this forum that the Fender speaker stands are thin and sway. If that is the case, what is the solution, or what brand?

G0THIKE
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Go to a music store and check out their stands.
Dennis Michael
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1817 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Any good quality set of speaker stands with a 1 1/2" diameter aluminum tube construction should work fine. I have a set of On Stage speaker stands that cost $100 for a pair (at Guitar Center) and they're nice and solid, despite being lightweight.

I would avoid stands that are made of smaller diameter tubing. I would also recommend avoiding steel stands because of their weight. (I used to use a pair Peavey stands made of steel. Man, they were rock solid but they weighed a ton!)

Michael
procy
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of procy
Check out ebay, they normally have a selection on auction
glodmagic
View Profile
Special user
USA
501 Posts

Profile of glodmagic
O contraire !

I have had many types of speaker stands and even though (as you all know) I am a huge Passport fan, I was skeptical to buy "their" stands. I only did so because cosmetically my stands were showing wear and the Fender brand had a fresh carry case.
They are Excellent. Quite the opposite of whatever you heard. They have a very wide base flare and difficult to knock over. I know this because in my crazy show I ran head on into the speaker and it never fell. What really impresses me is that they are much larger than my other stands but are indeed lighter (which may be why you heard that comment). The extra surface floor area and safety pin makes this a super safe set.

Recommended

Yes ..EBay gets them at a great deal
Remember ANY of your posts here can be Googled by your customers and Clients. Just entering your name in Google can bring up your negative comments that stay for years!
tommy k
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of tommy k
I have used the Ulitmate Support stands for more than 15 years (recently with the Passport 250 and in the past with other systems). They can be purchased at most music stores that carry pro P.A. gear.

I can tell you without hesitation that they are excellent. They are sturdy and are backed by a lifetime guarantee should anything go wrong. In a pinch I have even used these stands for both the speakers and to hold my backdrop, they are that solid.

They might be a little higher priced but isn't your system worth it?