The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Helping hands :: Tired of being just a pretty face? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
If you're ready to challenge your level of experience and step out on center stage, for a change, then, if you live in the LA area, please contact me. I have a garage full of stage equipment, creative music, and themed acts that will give you an opportunity to use both dance, movement and your physical assets along with strong magical skills to win serious competition, and show the "guys" you have your own unique path to blaize.
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
There are plenty of very successful female magicians.

Go for it! There is a new book coming out soon on women in magic.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Since I posted this, I've had contact with IBM, SAM rings, Women in Magic website, Jeff McBride, member of the Magic Castle Jr Program, and a candidate who is an actress in LA. Although I followed Joanie Spina's (David Copperfield's lead dancer and director for eleven years) advice, and contacted dance studios, drama departments at colleges and magic shops, the lact of overall interest from lady performers is disheartening. Since movement, stage presence and mystery are such important elements in stage magic, I thought there would be a great deal more candidates available. My intentions are one hundred per cent honorable (read the threads on "to mentor in LA"), and I'm only interested in assisting the growth of genuine artists, not part-time hobbists. Anyone interested?
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2005-04-10 00:53, Bob Sanders wrote:

There are plenty of very successful female magicians.

Go for it! There is a new book coming out soon on women in magic.

Bob
Magic By Sander

The new book is coming from Julie Sobanski of Milwaukee, WI.

http://www.juliesobanski.com

From what I've seen and heard, it should be good!

Bob
Magic by Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Thank you for the information! I hope the book gets a lot of exposure among the magic shops and within the magic clubs that so need it!