The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: "Framing" Silk Through Mirror (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I have a beautiful Silk Through Mirror that I want to use in a performance, but I need something with which to "frame" the effect. I believe Luis de Matos used it as a nice lead-in to Walking Through a Mirror, but I am looking for something quite a bit simpler. I currently use a story about Alice through the looking glass, but I will entertain any ideas for story lines, also.

Thanks for your help,

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Amos,
You might want to check out my Alice Through The Looking Glass routine in my Bizarre Bazaar column in the ezine Visions (www.online-visions.com).
It may work at a lead-in to what you are already doing.
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Peter, thanks for the heads-up. I try to keep up with "Visions", but I haven't had a chance to look at the most recent issue.

By hooking a r*** to the silk, "Alice" could pull the silk through herself, and it would vanish into the "void" or sleeve, or coat. (Hey, I'm gettin' ideas, and my head's starting to hurt.)

Do you think it would be safe to put either of the solutions on a plexiglas mirror?

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Amos,
They would probably work (they shouldn't hurt the mirror) but Ghost Glass works best on glass.