The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: F/X :: Ultra Showtech (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicguy22
View Profile
New user
Canada
32 Posts

Profile of magicguy22
Check out the King of candy-land!!...brand new from Wireless wizardry

http://www.wirelesswizardry.com/ultrashowtech.html

seeya
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I just sent Kerry an email to see what details are involved here and the upgrade price.
Dennis Michael
present
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of present
That’s great news- more improvements, but I did do some research, as I too have not decided on a system yet.

I want to make sure I understand it right,

This ultra system costs $3400 and you don’t get a laptop with it?
This Ultra system seems to acknowledge the need for “DMX” special effects controllers if you want to control all manner of stuff, which his Show tech doesn’t use.

The Show Tech web site says that the software is a valued at $1,000 and who knows how much the DMX/USB controller costs.
It looks like this Ultra system uses a modified Mini tech to control the wireless controls, I could be wrong.

But, when I price this out the ShowXpress myself with a goggle search (that took me 3 minutes), I can get the same ShowXpress system for $899 complete with the DMX/USB controller included at this web site;

http://www.topdjgear.com/chshcodmxso.html

But you still need a wireless controller (and a Laptop), which I suppose any of my RF remotes for PowerPoint presentations that I already use. Which costs about $69. And their transmitter still fits into my hand- I got it on the Apple website. Or I could use the controller that Zack mentioned at;

Click Here!

So it looks like I could spend $970 on my own without buying the Ultra system compared to spending $3400.

So I could save myself $2400 to do it myself. Heck, at that rate- I could actually still afford to buy his old obsolete Show tech as a back up after I buy my own Ultimate system hooked up to my laptop.

But I don’t get a big LED to let me know what’s going on, and when?!

I actually knew a guy while speaking at a National speakers conference a few years back, who makes a system like this, now that the price is up in the stratosphere. He seemed to have a better system for about the same price. I’ll have to look him up and see if I can give you a link.

That’s all for now
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
The major problem I see with it is that they went with Chaveut's software instead of Martin's Light Jockey or Elation's Compu Ware, which is what we currently use. They went with a much lower quality product on the software.

The USB/DMX unit is included with their deal. Usually the software in these type of applications are free and you are paying for the USB/MDX unit. In fact to even buy a back up or a second USB/DMX unit so as to have more DMX channels, the cost is the same. The price reflects only the hardware.

This unit doesn't impress me much.
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com