The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tenyo of Japan :: Pre Order 2017 Tenyo set (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Does anyone know of any dealers selling the 2017 Tenyo as a reduced price pre order for all of them? Sometimes SEO does it and is the lowest price. Wanted to check before ordering.

Also, has anyone received them and what do you think?

Thanks Smile .
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Only Japanese dealers and SEO at the moment (and SEO is actually a Japanese dealer).
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Thanks Richard, much appreciated Smile .
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I love ordering from SEO it is in California I'm in Arizona. I get dirt cheap shipping charge and receive my order in 2 days usually. Great customer service.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Between SEO, Penguin and Stevens, does anyone have a preference? It looks like SEO has the best pricing, and free shipping on orders over $100.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The cheapest price is to order them from Tokyo Hobby on eBay, I believe. I've bought from them and had no problem, though it sometimes takes a few weeks for an order to arrive.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
I agree with Richard. I got 3 out of 4 (so far Smile), from Tokyo Hobby and they were the lowest. Ordered some other past Tenyo with the order and they were the lowest.

Be sure to message the owner before checking out about to get a shipping discount on multiple items within the same order Smile . It took a while to get, about 12 -14 days, and the items did not have English instructions like Hitomi did. Her shipping was always much faster too. Does she still sell on Ebay?
johnsigna
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of johnsigna
I've been ordering direct fro Tokyo Hobby website as prices and shipping are lower (no eBay markup).
http://www.plazajapan.com/brands/Tenyo.html?sort=newest
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2016, johnsigna wrote:
I've been ordering direct fro Tokyo Hobby website as prices and shipping are lower (no eBay markup).

Darn. Wish I knew that.

Thanks for telling us Smile .

Next time it's the web site for me Smile .
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Quote:
On Oct 22, 2016, johnsigna wrote:

I just checked their website and items are around the same price as Ebay, maybe 20 or 30 cents less.

Is the shipping at their site much less to the USA than Ebay?
johnsigna
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of johnsigna
No, the savings isn't very big. Not enough to lose sleep,over, but there is some.
And shipping is also a bit cheaper, $6.53 vs $6.80 for one item.
eBay isn't selling or shipping the item, they're just relaying the order and charging Tokyo Plaza a small percentage which gets rolled into the eBay price.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The penny is about on par with the yen, so 100 yen equals $1. (Not as good as last year.)

Generally, the Tenyo items cost $5 to $10 less when you guy them at a Tenyo Magic Corner than buying them on eBay. Tokyo Hobby buys them from toy stores where Tenyo items are sold for even less. The top price this year is for the Legendary Puzzle, which sells for 2,000 yen ($20) in Japan.

Generally Japanese sellers prefer to use a service like EMS because it gets things here in a few days, though it's expensive. Tokyo Hobby uses a slower service.

All 10 items (including the two Doraemon tricks) have been available in stores since Oct. 7.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Does Hitomi still sell?
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

NashvilleNewman
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of NashvilleNewman
I ALWAYS order from Hitomi. I have for years and she's never let me down. She gets the stuff to me fast and even gets the "rare" stuff for me only available in Japan.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

While Hitomi is more expensive than Tokyo Hobby, she does provide rough English instructions. In this case, I think Tenyo will have the real instructions up by the end of the week for download! I know that I had to work very quickly on the Super Mentalism items.
ThatsCool
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of ThatsCool
Thanks for doing that Richard, we appreciate it Smile .