The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Announcements (Please Read) :: Supporting Magic Mark Beltran... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3783 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Hey gang,

As you may know…
Friday, September 9th, street magician and all around great guy Mark Beltran (along with his friends Hiroshi, Aaron and Mika) were assaulted by a gang in Dublin.

In the initial attack, one of them blindsided Mark, hitting him in the face with a bottle and severely injuring his right eye. He has undergone surgery in Mater Hospital in Dublin. We still hold out hope for a miracle, but doctors have told Mark that the wound on the eye was severe, and that he will not likely recover sight in his eye.

Aside from the outpouring of love and prayers from the community, we (his friends with him that night) are asking for donations to help Mark through this difficult time.

It appears that medical costs will be covered, however Mark faces many financial challenges, including travel back to the Philippines and not being able to work for the next few months, at the very least.

This is a scary time, filled with uncertainty and sadness for Mark and his family. His friends have personally witnessed him face this crisis with incredible bravery and strength. Naturally, despair is a close and tempting companion.

THAT'S WHERE WE COME IN!

Besides the outpouring of love and prayers, which is wonderful, if you can find it in your heart to make a contribution to his fund, we would be so grateful. Together we can help our friend by taking one of his concerns off the table: his immediate expenses as he navigates this difficult time. Together we can make sure Magic Mark gets back to his magic making ways.

Mark is such an inspiring person, here’s an excerpt from his recent post;

At the moment, I feel defeated and depressed about all that has happened but I know I will get through this. I cannot wait to get back out there stronger and with an even greater appreciation of this life and its precious magical moments. There is too much pain and suffering in this world. We have to cherish those moments that make us happy and to remember all the amazing things we've experienced and those people that we love

Thank you all, so very much. Please contribute by Clicking Here! and please share this campaign with your friends (e.g, Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Help spread the word! Smile

- Steve

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks