The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Spandex Suppliers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
Hi,

Looking for some decent spandex suppliers in the UK. Needs to be some good quality, concealed when stretched etc. Cant seem to find many places that will do it in the width I want.

Thanks
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On Jun 26, 2016, sammagic wrote:
Hi,

Looking for some decent spandex suppliers in the UK. Needs to be some good quality, concealed when stretched etc. Cant seem to find many places that will do it in the width I want.

Thanks

Well, we don't call it spandex in the UK. It's called Lycra in the UK. There are plenty of online suppliers for Lycra. What width are you looking for?
sammagic
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of sammagic
Thought Spandex and Lycra were two different materials. Doesn't spandex stretch all directions and Lycra only stretches one way?
Tally_NSA
View Profile
Loyal user
Essex, UK
222 Posts

Profile of Tally_NSA
Quote:
On Jun 27, 2016, sammagic wrote:
Thought Spandex and Lycra were two different materials. Doesn't spandex stretch all directions and Lycra only stretches one way?

There is no difference between the 2. They are one and the same:

Quote:
People get confused with what Lycra is and how it differs with Spandex. They haphazardly use one term when in fact the other term is the most suited. But how do you know which is which? Well, to make it simple Lycra and Spandex is one and the same.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/......spandex/
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Tally_NSA (I assume your name is Nathan?),

I have read a enough of your posts to recognize that your info is valuable and that you KNOW what you are talking about. It's a pleasure to have you hanging out in the Workshop.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1974 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
Does it take a special technique to put a hem on Spandex ?
One of the last living 10-in-one performers. I wanted to be in show business the worst way, and that was it.