The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Sal Piacente: Street Monte Combo Pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I saw this combo deal being offered at Penguin...

- The Three Card Monte DVD with Sal Piacente
- The Three Shell Game DVD with Sal Piacente
- The Golden Shells
- A pack of Bicycle brand Playing Cards

- Coincidentally, since they are having their March Madness giveaways, you'd receive a free $15 TT with the purchase of this combo pack.

That deal is being offered for only a few dollars more than their Shells sell for alone! Is this just a great bargain or am I missing something here? Anyone have any info on this deal?
You don't drown by falling in the water;

you drown by staying there.

- Edwin Louis Cole
Cardjinx
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of Cardjinx
You must work for them. Nice advertising.

Cardjinx
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Bill Palmer reported the free TT was not very good.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Umm, no Cardjinx, I don't work for them. Thanks, pal.

I am trying to find out if the deal is good, or if the products are not so hot. I have read some criticism of their Golden Shells, so I was hesitant about those. And I was intrigued by the DVDs, but not enough to purchase either of them individually. But then I saw the combo deal, and it made me heavily consider this purchase.

I do not own any shells, and I had looked at the Penguin version of them for a while, but never made the purchase.

Now there is a deal offering the Shells, two DVDs, and a deck of Bikes, for only about $10 more than the Shells alone. It almost sounds too good to be true, which is why I posted here, to make sure I wasn't making a mistake by buying poor products. Capice?

MagicChris,

Thanks, I read the same thing about the TT, but the other items were what I was mostly interested in.

- Edwin Louis Cole
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I think it's a fantastic deal! I'm crazy about Sal Piaciente! This is going on my next buy list!
Gerard
kissthecaptain
View Profile
New user
37 Posts

Profile of kissthecaptain
This is, without a doubt, THE BEST Monte DVDs available. Piacente gives you everything you need to know about card monte and the shell game, plus info you probably didn't know. The production quality is fantastic too. The Penguin deal seems like you can't miss.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
549 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings: A deal? How about a real bargain! You get two really great DVD's, a set of shells and a pack of cards.

Spend a couple evenings with this set, and you will be well on your way to entertaining with two of the oldest forms of entertainment known.

You could know all the latest tricks on the market, but if you do a good shell and monte, you will definately earn respect from laymen.

Just remember this: Religions have been started on a lot less.

All the Best,

Marty
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I second your thoughts Marty! Just received and played
them. Will give a review shortly.
Gerard
redstreak
View Profile
Inner circle
A.K.A David Kong
1368 Posts

Profile of redstreak
I just watched Daryl's DVD on the three card monte and he covers an amazing amount of material! I'd be very surprised if this one is better.
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
I have my order in, it should be here this week. I will post a review as soon as I receive it and spend some time with them items.

- Edwin Louis Cole
richardl
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of richardl
I have this package from PM.

Now first of the the shells are great. They look great against a black close up pad. Now I am not sure why they give you one pack of bike decks when in the DVD Sal suggest using Bee cards and doubles. So I still had to go out and buy two sets of Bee cards but so be it.

The DVDs are short and sweet, nothing fancy. It goes into detail about how to do the monte and three shells. But it is basically just a tool for you to form your own routine.

Now you do need to realize that Sal is not teaching a magic trick here. This is the real three-card "street monte"; he will not go into any vanishes and effects like Daryl's DVD does.

Overall it is a good DVD. Just don't purchase this looking for a full-blown routine with vanishes and face changes. But if you want to get into it and have been thinking about getting the shells, go for it. You can't loose with this.

Richard
Danny Diamond
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1400 Posts

Profile of Danny Diamond
Richard, I agree with just about all your points on the Combo Package. I am very happy with everything I received. I haven't had much of a chance to get much into the Shells or the Shell DVD, I just went through it quickly.

Check out my review here...
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......11&2

Did you try the Paperclip Monte from the Bonus Section yet? I have been using it a lot, and it you are a good actor, they TOTALLY bite on the sucker move. It's gotten great reactions for me. And Harry Murphy gave me a good idea when doing that trick. He questioned why it was necessary to use two blank cards. You can do the same thing with "normal" cards, and it might look less suspicious.

- Edwin Louis Cole
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
This is the REAL stuff! No long drawn-out comedy patter. Fantastic camera work, which makes it very easy to learn all the moves! The combo pack makes it a steal! http://www.penguinmagic.com

Gerard