The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Catch this if you can! :: New CJ moves (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Stephen Wilbury
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Stephen Wilbury
I was experimenting with some one ball malrkey and found a couple of neat ideas. In particular the inverted basket catch and the weird round the top thing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pwKeodrcds
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Hey Stephen,
I watched it,..
I like it!
I love such clips with folks 'playing',..
pushing,..
going for something,....else!
I really enjoy it.
Thanks for sharing.
(it makes me feel good about my OWN proddelings.)
gallagher

p.s.: I downloaded your learn video, from Murphy's..... 😊
Stephen Wilbury
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Stephen Wilbury
Thanks so much for downloading!!! I'm really keen on pushing the boundaries of contact juggling. I'm so sick of seeing routines of people just standing there wiggling their fingers. And proddeling is the foundation of great art. I really think you need to do these explorations to fundamentally understand the movements you're trying to master.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Experimentation is essential to find new moves and to expand your style. I found some of the moves interesting, particularly toward the end of the contact juggling where you were doing some rolls from your palm to the back of the hand that kept contact with the hand. Not too thrilled with the tossing but I'm an old school contact juggler and do very little tossing in my routines.

If you're interested (and I apologize for the shameless plug) I filmed a four volume DVD set called The Visual Encyclopedia of Contact Juggling. The first volume I think would be of interest to you in particular as it goes into many moves similar to what you're doing just with a little more flair. It teaches one ball moves from beginner to advanced and has a LOT of content. I recommend the whole set however. It contains nearly all the moves I could find (and I created almost half of the moves from my own experimentation) up until 2006 when it was published. Over 100 tricks total.

And don't ever be embarrassed about dropping while you're practicing. If you're not dropping you're not trying anything new and therefore you're not expanding your skills, only reinforcing the skills you have (which is a good thing but the idea here is to expand your skillset)

Keep it up!
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.