The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Shot glass production ideas (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2052 Posts

Profile of Daren
Was thinking of producing a shot glass from the envelope that a ring or card appears in as a finale, what or what do you produce a shot glass from other than egg bag? just curious
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
I used to produce one from a silk pocket square immediately preceding the production of two wine bottles from the same silk.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
You can produce a shot glass from a lunch size brown paper bag. See Bill Abbott's trick.

Scott Alexander has a trick called Sure Shot.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4940

You can just reach inside your jacket and bring out a full shot glass. This is very puzzling because people wonder how you did not spill anything, it heightens the mystery.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
I used to do a "sort-of" miser's dream with shot glasses. I used a celluloid gimmick so the shot glass seemed to contain whiskey, which I gulped down again and again, before depositing the empty glass on a special table designed to pop up empty shot glasses into my palm as I deposited the empty glass mouth down. Then I could produce the palmed whiskey glass with the palmed celluloid. Just a piece of whiskey colored celluloid held behind the empty shot glass made it appear full, and after "drinking" the celluloid was palmed, the empty glass deposited on the table and the next glass stolen to continue the routine. By the end of the routine, I appeared to be tipsy, but what happened then is another story.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
I produce 5 different nearly full glasses ranging from various shot glass sizes...right up to a 7.5" tall glass -- all from various jacket & pants pockets...all without any covers or fumbling, or hankerchiefs.

Did it at an office meeting, and my boss immediately turned a glass upside-down (expecting it to be a trick glass, with fake liquid))...and spilled the liquid contents all over the conference table & her phone Smile

Rubber covers & plastic lids never satisfied me, so I simply don't use any.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Billy McComb and Trevor Lewis do as the finish to the egg bag.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3876 Posts

Profile of Julie
Sam Berland had a handling or two, too.

Julie
wally
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of wally
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Sep 12, 2018, wally wrote:
Looking for this, https://www.ebay.com/itm/FAKE-CHAMPAGNE-......05928150

Could not find, FAKE CHAMPAGNE GLASS, but how about wine or other liquor drinks?

https://www.displayfakefoods.com/store/p......c144.htm
Mindboggler
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Mindboggler
I had bought sure shot the gimmick melted I know its a 3m product but I lost the 3m item number to get a replacement can someone help me find one on amazon his website is dormant please help Smile
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1047 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
It may worthwhile to review Eugene Burger's and Jeff McBride's work too. Very practical productions from paper sacks, napkins, and silks.