The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: There's a coin behind your what!? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tim David
View Profile
Regular user
MA
164 Posts

Profile of Tim David
This is my version of the coin behind the ear trick. I won't give you all the details, but basically you reach behind someone's ear and produce...an ear! A fake human ear! Great sight gag.

I've taken this idea to more of an extreme than that. For example, I've got ideas with fake noses, too. I put together a booklet with about 30 ideas all together!

What a great reaction the basic ear routine gets with all the silly ear puns that go with it.

One of my favorite kidshow presentations, that I've come up with anyway.
Go spread some wonder

http://www.TimDavidMagic.com
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Kids don't think you are a "real magician" unless you can produce a coin from their ears.
As a switch on this, it is a great gag to show a coin, then produce a (rubber) ear from it, instead.
In fact, I liked this idea so much that I did my entire Showtime column in the Linking Ring magazine of September, 1998, on it.
Truly, nothing new under the sun!
My "ear from coin" routine has appeared several other places since.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Whew for a minute there I thought this thread was about a "coin from rear" and I wasn't sure anyone would want to take the coin then! Smile Smile Smile

But I got it now. And talk about giving them more than an earful - give them an ear!!!

Good one guys!

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
. . . and the next time I'm around, I'll keep an EYE out for you! Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
all_bow
View Profile
New user
Hull, England
3 Posts

Profile of all_bow
What a great idea.
You could take it further by using the fake knife and pretend to cut your ear off. Then later in the show you produce part of your ear from their coat or something .
Just a thought.
Actually I am going to try it now !!
The simplicity of magic.
magicalan
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of magicalan
"You could take it further by using the fake knife and pretend to cut your ear off. Then later in the show you produce part of your ear from their coat or something . "

I don't think that would be right for a kids show Smile
-Alan
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
Depends on the kids.... I also like to take the 3 inch coins and, palming them, produce them from behind kids or teenager ears. I then drop them for a lound CLANK to prove they are real. And Peter I already do the ear from the coin..An eye hu...Hmmmmmmmm
Most magically yours,
WR Smile
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
Just as an aside...something I used to do in the restaurants: A coin vanishes, is reproduced from the elbow. Vanishes again, is reproduced from the knee. Vanishes again, this time it goes to the pocket. Vanishes once more, and I reach behind the ear of a kid and come away with about fifteen twenty-dollar bills all in a neat fan. It always killed 'em.

TCR