The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Greg Wilson on the Spot and Off the cuff (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
themagicman10
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of themagicman10
On the Spot and Off the cuff by Greg wilson look like awesome videos. I was told that http://www.magicproshop.com sells them for cheap
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I own "On The Spot" and it is very good. Much is easy to learn and excellent for strolling around, impromptu magic.

I saw his lecture, bought the video, and a week or 2 later was performing at least 5 routines from that video at the first public event I ever did. It is very comfortable material and the audience really likes it.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Both videos, although it is actually three because On the Spot is a double set, are full of great effects that you can accomplish practically impromptu. You'll not only learn these effects, but much of Gregory's audience handling and misdirection techniques. Get them and you won't be let down.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
GlenD
View Profile
Inner circle
LosAngeles, Ca
1293 Posts

Profile of GlenD
I second what Greg has said. I only have the On the Spot video, but it really is good and a lot of fun too.

GlenD
"A miracle is something that seems impossible but happens anyway" - Griffin

"Any future where you succeed, is one where you tell the truth." - Griffin (Griffin rocks!)
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
A small point, but an important one: it's Gregory Wilson. Greg Wilson is Mark Wilson's son. Gregory is incredible, and a really nice guy.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I have Gregory Wilson's Card Stunts and am learning things that I never though I could do. I love his teaching style and his thinking.

I will now look for the on th espot vids too - just as soon as I nail a couple more off the other video.

Glad to hear that everyone seems so high on it.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Magique Hands
View Profile
Loyal user
Lincoln, NE.
247 Posts

Profile of Magique Hands
Gregory Wilson just lectured for us (The Lincoln Magical Society, Bill Morton IBM Ring #259.)last week. WOW!! What a lecture. His videos are well worth acquiring! Gregory has a fantastic teaching style. You'll definately use his stuff!

- - Troy
"If you go around sprinkling Woofle Dust on everything... people will think 'My... What an odd character." www.magicmafia.com
Doc McCoy
View Profile
New user
Santa Rosa, California
16 Posts

Profile of Doc McCoy
What I enjoy about "On the Spot" (and "Off the Cuff") is the fact that not only can I learn some great impromptu magic from it, but Gregory Wilson just plain cracks me up!! I'll watch the videos sometimes just for the pure entertainment value. "On the Spot" especially. It kills me!
Doc McCoy

www.docmccoy.com
magic@docmccoy.com

"How many people here have telekinetic powers? Raise my hand." ~ Emo Philips
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Gregory Wilson is an in-depth lesson in using the off-beat to your ultimate advantage.

He practically proves that you can load an elephant under a chop cup (though he doesn't do that himself), by mining the audience's sense of worth, while using the ore for steals, jumbo loads, and even watch steals.

I met him last year ago, and he signed my watch steal book, along with his section in one of Paul Harris' "Art of Astonishment" volumes.

When I asked about the picture in there, he said "I look like a Turkish banker."

--Good guy. Get the tapes.

--Ron Smile