The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Society of American Magicians! :: Coming to Vegas !!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Dear friends from America.
I will be in las vegas last week of February 2016.
So my question is : where can I enjoy good magic beside Penn, Teller and David ?
Don't get me starded on Chris...

Cheers.

Smile Smile
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
CardFan,

I live in Las Vegas, and can tell you there are quite a few acts to check out. There's Murray Sawchuck (from America's Got Talent), Mat Franco (also from AGT), Jan Rouven, Mac King, Dirk Arthur, I believe Jason Byrne still performs with V: The Ultimate Variety Show, and a few other smaller shows around town. Disclaimer: I haven't seen any of these shows, so I can't vouch for anyone, but I'm sure you can determine what might be worth checking out. I hope this helps, and I hope you enjoy Sin City!

Cheers,

Mike
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Thank you Mie for your answer. I am going to check on the net for these guys.
Could you also advise me a magic shop worth driving to in town ?
Cheers.
Aiming to become the only magician in the world that has ever produced the lost socks back from the dryer...
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
Not problem friend!

There are a handful of Houdini's magic shops in various hotels on the Strip, but those are catered toward tourists. I wouldn't recommend them unless you needed to pick up an emergency TT or lost copy of Tarbell lol

For the discerning pro, we have Denny & Lee magic shop. It's a direct satellite of the original Denny & Lee in Baltimore.

5115 Dean Martin Dr #102, Las Vegas, NV 89118
Phone:(702) 936-0066

They are just on the other side of the I-15 freeway behind the Strip. This is where you would want to go! It's where are all the pros shop locally, as well as where our local IBM Ring (257) holds their meetings.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!
-Mike Gilbert Smile

"Most of us have two lives. The life we live, and the unlived life within us. Between the two stands Resistance."- Steven Pressfield
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Many thnaks Mike you're great !
Last question have you been to Penn and Teller, is it wotrh the price ?
Cheers.
Smile
Mike Gilbert
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas, Nevada
376 Posts

Profile of Mike Gilbert
I have not, but I hear it's excellent. I'd say go for it! One last one I forgot to mention is Nathan Burton. He's also here on the Strip.
-Mike Gilbert Smile

CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
Cool many thanks again for all the tips.
Can't wait to be there.
Cheers.
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
I have seen Penn & Teller, Mac King, and Mat Franco. All are highly recommended. I know this is a couple months past the last post but hope this helps.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
CardFan, when your trip is over, I hope you post about your Vegas experience. I'm curious as to which shows you ended up seeing, as well as how you liked them. My two favorite shows there are P&T and Mac King. You can't go wrong seeing those two shows. Many of the others listed above are also fun shows to watch.

-MP
CardFan
View Profile
Elite user
Found the Socks !
430 Posts

Profile of CardFan
You are absolutely Right !
P&T rules ! At the beginning of the show Penn is playing Jazz (Bass) with friends. He hides behind a big hat but you can recognize his silhouette. Nobody seems to notice it, which is fun. Show is 100% pleasure ! After the show you can meet them and do selfies and have your program or other stuff signed. They are very kind and available. You can also hear the voice of Teller and chat with him. Best magic evening of my stay.
Mac King is also great, a lot of kids and a lot of fun and proximity. Less Vegas than P&T but not less interesting.
Went to to Piff the Magic Dragon also but was not thrilled, its more amateur and he put less efforts in all the gig. His casual and don't give a **** coolness is very fun but the show could have benefited for more polishing at my opinion
Saw also a lot of street performers, fun and sometimes very good.
To sum up: I look forward to go back again !
Anton4
View Profile
New user
Rensselaer, NY
56 Posts

Profile of Anton4
Check out Mat Franco at The Linq next trip. A very good show.