The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: What are your favorite mentalism effect to perform table hopping? (28 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21275 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I am just not a fan of effects that use tech like that. It gives too many people a solution instantly in their mind. Maybe not the right one, but it does give them a solution. I don’t like the story that can be told later to themselves or others can say when the effect is described, “Oh it was the app that did the trick”.

This is purely stylistic and in no way being critical of a great effect. Please everyone clearly read me saying it is a great effect. It simply is not for me stylistically.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Fair enough Danny. Tech is purely another vehicle for us as performers to use - this is one of the strongest effects that I perform and always gets amazing reactions. It happens on their phone and there is no tech on display. And it leaves them with a permanent memory of the magical moment.

Anyway, I hope by sharing actual live performances gives people a better indication of an effect than purely words
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
stevie c
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of stevie c
Quote:
On Dec 22, 2023, simplymagicweb wrote:
Hi guys - thanks for the kind comments about my OMG effect. It’s my own effect, designed obviously with my photo….. I’ve created a similar effect which many other magicians have used, which is available from me - hope you like this as well. Feel free to drop me a pm as I don’t want to discuss methods openly here;

Excellent stuff Sean. I enjoyed that, and more importantly so did your participants!!

Nice work.

BW

Steve
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1432 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Here’s another techy effect! All about Birthdays, which is great as they add that emotional hook to the effect…. Unedited….

Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R