The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Boxes, tubes & bags :: Dean's Box (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Lupe is demoing one of Nielsen Magic's Dean's Box at Magic Live. Here's a couple of photos.

I'll try to get some closeup photos of the Box tomorrow.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I've been following her progress on Facebook, and it's wonderful to see the craftsmanship she puts into her work. As amazing as the original Dean's Box was and is, this should push the quality even further.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Thanks for posting these Mark.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Here are some photos of the Nielsen Magic Dean's Box.

Mark
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Beautiful!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I imagine Dean would have loved this.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Lupe Nielsen has posted another video regarding progress on the Dill-Nielsen Dean's Boxes. She expects to start shipping on Monday (August 8) and she reports this batch of 100 boxes is almost sold out. She won't be making more until 2023.

https://www.facebook.com/NielsenMagic/vi......12127034

If mine ships next week, I'll have it a few days after my birthday. Happy Birthday to me! Smile

Mark
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
1159 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
I ordered one as well the day she began taking orders. Craftsmanship like this deserves to be rewarded.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Lupe sent me the tracking number for my Dill-Nielsen Dean's Box. I should have it by Monday. Smile

Mark
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Lupe has announced that the 100 (104 to be exact) Dill-Nielsen Dean's Boxes in her first batch have sold out. She plans to make more next year.

Mark
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
I'm hoping to get mine today. This promises to be a jewel on so many levels.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Someone who owns an original Dean's Box... Could you please measure (and share) the interior diameter and exterior diameter of the Ring which was supplied with the box?

Thanks!

Mark
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1013 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, Magic Mark wrote:
Someone who owns an original Dean's Box... Could you please measure (and share) the interior diameter and exterior diameter of the Ring which was supplied with the box?

Thanks!

Mark

45 mm and 48 mm
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Quote:
On Aug 23, 2022, WayneNZ wrote:

45 mm and 48 mm

Thank you! I believe that is the dimensions of the ring that Lupe provides too.

Mark
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I own an original Dean's Box, and, from what I can see in Lupe's video, it looks to me like the new ones she is making are of even higher quality than the originals. Not to be misunderstood....the originals are HIGH QUALITY....the new ones just appear to be a tad better.

Also, just curious as to whether anyone knows what one of the originals in outstanding condition would be worth today?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5162 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Lupe has improved a lot of design components with the box, including more secure and replaceable curtains and a knob on the front door to aid in performance. The materials look more substantial too, and I can only imagine - based on the videos she posted documenting her progress - that the quality of construction and finish are superior to the original. I can't speak for Lupe, but I'm betting this is all due to the respect she has for Dean's legacy and the iconic stature that this prop has earned.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I received my Dill-Nielsen Dean's Box last week. The quality is superlative. It is like a piece of FINE furniture. The care and workmanship that Lupe put into this project cannot be overstated. Dare I say, not even Owen Magic Supreme would have been able to surpass what Lupe has created!

I am very very glad I ordered a Dill-Nielsen Dean's Box from the first batch. Mine is number 98.

Mark
kebmo3108
View Profile
Regular user
Austria
115 Posts

Profile of kebmo3108
I bought mine directly from the late Dean Dill. The beautiful box is sitting in the shelf of my living room, as a part of the furniture. Once in a while someone asks, what this is for.,….
Great to see that there are also spare parts available, my rings are already more black than gold.

Great Project and happy to see that is also commercially succesful, it seems all boxes are sold out.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
1537 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Lupe Nielsen has announced on Facebook that she's begun work on a new batch of Dean's Boxes. She said she hopes to have them done in time for Magic Live in August.

Mark
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
928 Posts

Profile of Martino
I managed to get one from the most recent second run and the quality is superb. Even better than the original (I used to own one). I am delighted with my purchase and highly recommend it to anyone who is looking at purchasing this mystifying effect.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson