The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! :: Finger Fantasies - Meir Yedid (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
http://www.mymagic.com/yedvideos.htm

Can anyone buying this DVD really hope to perform this brilliant effect?
(this is NOT a criticism, but a genuine enquiry).
your advice is greatly appreciated - Geoff
WR
View Profile
Special user
Utah
945 Posts

Profile of WR
I had the video. The prob I ran into was the size of my fingers I am 6'6 and a bit heavy. I could make my pinky disappear but my other fingers the angles were almost impossible. It is a cool routine. But had for some.
Most magically yours,
WR
"Tell Em WR sent Ya."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It takes time, but you can do a few of the finger twists with some practice. I do the pinky vanish and the ring finger vanish.
I've noticed over the years that the more I do it the more my fingers become limber enough to really stretch way back. It's not something you're going to buy today and then do tonight at your show. Put in some practice and you'll have a new weapon in your magic arsenal.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Lesault
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of Lesault
I bought the video about a year ago - the effect is great, but it is so angly! I have no idea how Meir Yedid manages to do it on stage! I only ever perform it for a couple of people at a time.

It does, however, make them scream Smile

Lesault
maratekin
View Profile
Regular user
150 Posts

Profile of maratekin
I agree with Greg - practice is a must for this effect. I first bought the booklet about 10 years ago and just bought the DVD to see if there were any updates, tips, etc. Over the years, I've found that this is type of thing I can get away with practicing at unconventional times - waiting in line, during nonproductive meetings, etc. The more practice, the more nimble you'll become (and I've found that my fingers can get into position without much effort).

Good luck!

Mark
wulfiesmith
View Profile
Inner circle
Beverley, UK
1339 Posts

Profile of wulfiesmith
Thank you for everyone's input!!
wulfie