The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Card Studio :: What you'd like to see in a magician's deck (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
judeh
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of judeh
These are all really good ideas. Are there any decks that come close to incorporating many of these?
docguitarman
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, California
890 Posts

Profile of docguitarman
Quote:
On Apr 17, 2019, docguitarman wrote:
I'd like a re-release of New Fan backs with the old style bicycle court cards (used in the 1950's and 60's). It would be released in a red and a blue back.

A double backer is a must.

If you go the USPCC route then a 56 card deck is the economical route. So one more gaff card would be either a red/blue DB in one deck and a blank face in the other.

I'd want these to be very affordable so it would be regular tuck cases and the standard USPCC card stock.

If I had the time I'd try to learn how to create a kickstarter campaign and produce the decks -- but maybe my taste is too limited to attract enough backers!

I'm still chewing on this! I'd alter the backs of the re-release New Fan Back so that it subtly have a one way back also.
If any experienced kickstarters want to take this on I think it would be great!
Jonmaddgician
View Profile
New user
Perth, Western Australia
72 Posts

Profile of Jonmaddgician
Sorry to revive an old post, but I've finally received my custom decks after a LONG and TEDIOUS journey with LOTS of learning through the process with Cartamundi, but I'll leave the details in a separate post in the not so distant future. Wish I found this post earlier, but here's a few of my inputs.

Firstly, I went without the double backer option as I hardly ever seem to use any of them, & I figure that if I ever wanted to perform with a double backer, there's HEAPS of custom decks already out there that I can use. Instead, of the 56 cards, I had the standard 52, one joker & two blank facers. The idea being that for every 26 decks I open, I will have a deck of blank faced cards with my personal back design. Also, if I wanted to have 2 jokers in my carry deck, I could always just borrow from another deck (considering I ordered 500 of them... =P) But wait, 52 + 1 + 2 is only 55, I hear you say. What about the last card? Well I'm glad you asked. My deck box design was designed based on the Magician tarot card, so I thought I'd also include a Fool as well based on another clown character that I play. The Fool also has a 3 of clubs reveal as a slight nod to P&T, of course.

On the box design, I've matched it with my namecard, which is based on a tarot design of The Magician. On the bottom of the box there is a barcode reveal (thanks for the idea, Ellusionist), & on the sides I've also included 2 QR codes, one to my website (for more formal clients), & on the other side to my Instagram (for the younger, social media type audiences).

Side note, the Joker design is just a mobile phone selfie in the bathroom mirror of my chest tattoo... =P