The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: Person sized square circle (tube or cube) (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
elliottmagic
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of elliottmagic
Hello,
I have plans to make a square circle (similar size to Creative Magic's "Cube Squared") but out of cardboard as I am doing an act with cardboard boxes. I plan to produce a girl. I have read and seen smaller methods of the "Circle Square" and they all use a Bl**k Art tube for the inner load chamber. I'm wondering if using a SQUARE Bl**k art box would work for the load chamber rather than a TUBE for a larger model. What does the Creative Magic "Cube Squared" use?

Thanks!
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7674 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Look at the Ralph Adams book on magic. He did this years ago.
Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As long as you have the bars or ornate design in the opening of the outer square to create the BA effect, you should be good to go, but the bars or design should be white or a bright color to help create the depth of field. You could put some of that silver aluminum tape, or wide color plastic tape, over cut out bars or design effect to keep the cost down.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The original U.F. Grant Victory Girl Production included in his book "Victory Cartons" is even more deceptive than a Square Circle would be (without black art) and has the additional advantage of not requiring the assistant to be sitting inside the box from the beginning.
tristanmagic
View Profile
Special user
533 Posts

Profile of tristanmagic
Christian Farla performing & explaining the U.F. Grant Victory Production.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG3qePE0I5k (see from 5:50)
It's in Dutch but the images tell all you need to know to understand this illusion.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2150 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Victory Cartons is also in Mark Wilson's CCIM, I believe. That's actually the first thing I thought of with the idea of cardboard boxes producing a person.

-Patrick