The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The clothes we wear :: Hillybilly (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Paul Budd
View Profile
Elite user
It's a shame he's only made
438 Posts

Profile of Paul Budd
Hi all,

Very soon, I will be working a large haunted attraction (as a 'regular' actor, not as a magician) located in Tyler, Texas (Terror Nights). My costume needs to be a middle-aged male Hillbilly-type (their attraction entitled 'Chiseltooth Manor' has a bit of a 'Texas Chainsaw Massacre' shtick going). I will be near the 'run out' section of the haunt.

I'd like to hear comments/suggestions for costuming. A few obvious bits, of course are:
Denim coveralls, flannel shirt, 'wife beater' undershirt, boots (most types), dark pants, dark shoes, farmer's hat, truck driver's cap, oiled leather hillbilly type hat, insulated 'union' coveralls, long-john underwear, work boots, red bandana. What else?? Smile Smile Smile

As a handheld prop, I've got a hay hook that I think I'll go with. Input is appreciated!!!

PB Smile Smile
His face isn't really this long in-person!
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
I bet that's going to be a ton of fun!.
Most Hillbilly's I think of have a long type Abe Lincoln beard, but maybe I'm just thinking of the Mountain Dew Hillbillys.
I hope it goes great for you!
Bob.
Thorn (UK)
View Profile
New user
United Kingdom
52 Posts

Profile of Thorn (UK)
Dirty your costume down. Lots of oil streaks, torn bits and well scuffed boots.
Film costumiers use a "dirty down" spray that makes costumes look well lived in.
Have fun.
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
How about a scent, not worn, but in your area to add to the ambience. Perhaps a strong 'fish' or B.O. might strike the participants with out them really knowing why. I'm not sure if these scents are commercially available. Check your local dumpster.
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Duck Dynasty.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts