The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Gaffed Envelope (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
I am looking for a reference to locate a way to make an envelope in order to vanish a piece of paper which is placed inside and then envelope is sealed shut like normal.
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Wayne Rogers from New Zealand has done a heap of work on envelopes. Have a google and your find him and his products.
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Thanks but not exactly what I needed. Just need to use simple white business style envelope with false inside.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Well, ordinary envelopes show he contents through with back light and even, depending on the how dark the printing inside on the paper, will show through. You need heavier paper then just an ordinary #6 or #10 envelope.

You leave out to many details to give you an answer.

Size of paper.
Folded or not.

You see, you just use a TT, or just falsely insert the paper in the envelope.

I don't know what you mean by vanish.

Tear up the envelope.
Hand the envelope to someone to open and it is gone.

If it has false insides, then it will not vanish completely. If that is what you want, then just glue in another wall.

There is no resource for just fake envelopes, except you might take a look at the vast offering of Mark Leveridge, he has some ideas on DVD and downloadable video.

http://www.markleveridge.co.uk/envstore.php
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Hi Bill, sorry for the lack of info...need to use business envelopes that are not transparent...paper would be size of a dollar bill..guess I am looking for false flap so that when envelope is opened (not torn) the paper is gone...guess I will just need to glue in another wall...will look into Leveridge ideas...Thanks Howard
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Since you mentioned flap, that brought to mind the Roy Johnson trick "Flapless", It is a stack of envelopes that a card for prediction is inserted into, and can be found vanished or switched. It uses "pay envelopes", have never tried to change it to a standard letter envelope. It is very deceptive and as pay envelopes come in many sizes, even bill size would work well.

https://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/ken-br......-on-the/
drmagico
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of drmagico
Thanks again Bill...I will look into that...Howard
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6145 Posts

Profile of motown
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MagieFraudster
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MagieFraudster
Pop Haydn has a great prepped envelope that's easy to make... check out his lecture notes.