The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: What happened, was this... :: An event that changed my act for the better.. (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rodentia
View Profile
New user
Southern California
83 Posts

Profile of Rodentia
I'm a fire-eater and had been doing a serious show, (formal attire, horror themed music and patter).One performance just as the curtain opens I'm told the music cd didn't work, some kind of compatability problem. I tell the Stage Manager it's ok, I'll do the show without, when all of a sudden this rock style music I've never heard comes over the speakers. After a moment's hestitation, I started to dance to it, not thinking about it, just doing it. I improvised some new moves to go with the new dialogue as well and when it was over the audience loved it, they had no idea there had been a problem. That night I realised, Serious wasn't where I should be, and my comedy fire show has been evolving ever since.
Fire is a demanding Mistress...

http://combustiblecircus.com
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Great story and nice job on going with the flow.
Sounds like your CD not working may have been a blessing.
Best of luck to you.
Bob.
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Great story, I remeber some advice as a youngster starting out doing music act..be prepared to perform every effect you use to music to a different track
because it will happen at some time in the future..sure enough,has happened a couple times..