The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Body servante (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Does anybody know about Alexander de Cova body servante??

http://www.stolina.de/alexander-de-covas-body-servante.html

I used own silent butler and another body servante which was made of metal, but neither of them worked well for me cause I'm skinny and with those gimmicks, it looks like I have huge opening pocket like kangaroo.
I'm looking one which can be used close-up situation for any small objects and can be worn with regular size pants.

Please give me some advise!

Thank you.
Yannou
View Profile
Veteran user
381 Posts

Profile of Yannou
Have you considered TKO?
pollysukemaru
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
142 Posts

Profile of pollysukemaru
Yes, I own TKO.
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Georgetown, South Carolina
3102 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
Vertex by Joke
Guilt will betray you before technique betrays you!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Nielsen's necktie
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
The servant that (there were several makers) which goes in your waist band was initially used with a high waistband or a cumetbunt.
Some adjusted to open and close some were stagnet.
Either way you can still use one if you pin it slightly below the waistband and you inhale when you do the move. You may also need to have your pants tailored so the waist band is slightly smaller then the area under.... Which might as well be a pleated pants. You may need to add a small flap on the pants, or on your shirt or even design a special belt that is two belts. The inner belt actuslly holds the pants up and the outer belt travels further away & closer to the body. You may need to wear a pair of suspenders. You may need to put very small magnets inside your shirt and the material is attracted to the device when not in use.

I consider myself a bit of an expert on body loads and servants. The first person I saw with lots of them was buckingham in a live lecture. Since then, I've amassed dozens of sevants, sleeve loads, body loads, hanging loads, and add-on loads. The better performers will customize their clothing around the device. My own jackets have an average of 6 extra pockets or altered pockets. I have several jackets and pants which I haves tailored myself. It all began when an old girlfriend showed me how to make an invisible hem for my pants leg.

"If it's worth doing then it's worth doing well"

I have a few pockets at a natural height, along the seams, which are sooo useful and no one suspects them. Even other magi are unaware. Look at your condition as a starting point and the device as a prototype. You might even need to alter or rebuild the device to fit your specific body type. When complete, you'll have the pride of owning something that works just for you.

My mentor Jim Swoger has 3 suits made with double pockets. A beautiful concept that he utilized once during a show, but not every show. They were used when they served a purpose and not just because they were there.

The joy of being a magician is that good magicians are very clever. This is one of those times to either give up using these type of devices or to look at the problem and solve it.

All great builders follow this formula "form follows function".
Good luck. Just do it
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Wasn't there a marketed version for lapping where you could lap an object then immediately stand up. Actually if anyone knows what this is is I'd be interested in it myself.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't underestimate the usefulness of a pocket.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
patrick flanagan
View Profile
Inner circle
lisle, illinois
1043 Posts

Profile of patrick flanagan
Over the years I've has several different types of alterations made to jackets and pants. At one time I would have around 9 extras pocket made. I, also, would split the jacket side pockets making an inner and an outer barrier inside the jacket pocket. I don't change nearly as much as I once did. It was/is all done to keep from fumbling around trying to locate something in the pocket with other stuff in the same pocket. Example, I carry a long and illegal butterfly knife (blade is about 7"). I didn't want to put it in my breast pocket for obvious reasons. And in any other pocket it would fall to the side. Another problem I had was my gimmick for Ring Flight type routine. Although, I don't use a gimmick with a r@@l (is that the right way to do that?..lol). Similar problem....pocket was too big for the gimmick to sit properly. So, I took the rear right pants pocket and had it sewn vertically. In essence, splitting the pocket in two. Now, the knife sit great and won't fall into the pocket and the ring flight gimmick also sits perfectly until needed. Win, Win!!!
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Bigfoot. Ron Wilson had it. I believe it was in his book.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Another solution is the "Up Down" method, in which a pull grabs the object UP and later, when the heat is off, it is released DOWN into a storage place, like a pocket, but by then going near the pocket is not connected with the GOING UP part.
pattrick
View Profile
Loyal user
maumee, ohio
226 Posts

Profile of pattrick
Bigfoot, Terry Lunceford had an Idiot Savante, You could be seated, lap a pretty big object and stand up and walk away at any point. You must be wearing a jacket though.
check out www.pattricksmagic.com for the best in close up pads and tables.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
As OKITO once said (when lapping csme into vogue): "But, when you stand up, where does your lap go?
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Pete, Pattrick, thank you very much I'll look into both of them. It's a concept that sounds very interesting to play with.
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Aug 6, 2015, bigfoot wrote:
Wasn't there a marketed version for lapping where you could lap an object then immediately stand up. Actually if anyone knows what this is is I'd be interested in it myself.

Check out the book of the uncanny scott for a diy gimmick answering ur needs

VG
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1443 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
My Secret Servante attaches to any jacket and is great for ditching and retrieving multiple coins, folded cards and finger rings. Not sure if that would suit your needs?
Magically,

Website - www.sgmagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
781 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
Was at MagiFest this year and found "Anywhere Pocket" It's awesome. Lehmanmagic.com