The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The words we use :: Let's pick up girls (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
jfotis
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jfotis
Me and a friend of mine are looking to do a magic video in a bar and using pick up lines and magic trick that are *made* for this.

I'm asking you if you have any ideas about pick up lines in a magic show or anything... thanks you ( if you need more information or I wasn't clear enough, I'll give you more infos haha

Thank you !

J-F
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Hi, my name is "your name here". I have no social skills so please...pick a card.
jfotis
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jfotis
HAHAHAHA that would be crazy ! It might be good for my friend though ! but thanks for the idea !

J-F
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
You do realize that wasn't a joke do you?
jfotis
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of jfotis
Yes I realized... Smile
Dr_Bagelman
View Profile
Regular user
Among the Dead
119 Posts

Profile of Dr_Bagelman
I proposed to my wife with a cups and balls routine. At the end, the balls turned into sponge cubes, except the center ball was a pouch with a ring. I got on one knee to get the pouch, waddled around the table, and said "The real magic is having you in my life."

She was confused, because she thought I was practicing for a kid's show at her.

Then she said yes.

Then again, I did my magic trick to a woman I was already in a relationship with, so I digress.

--

When I was doing walkaround and street magic, I would actually use magic as an icebreaker. It gave me a reason to approach people and build confidence in different situations. I don't think the magic should be accompanied by pickup lines. I never picked up/introduced myself to a girl with magic. I got dates by talking to women and being myself, and if I showed them a feat of legerdemain, it was usually because I'd mentioned I was a magician, and usually people will challenge you to prove it.

However upon learning my trade, the girl would always provide her own pickup line: "I bet that means you're really good with your fingers."

Yes, yes I am.
Before we begin any good experiment, we must remember to hydrate.
Watch my mad science videos!
Tukaram
View Profile
Loyal user
Iloilo, Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Tukaram
I have seen some videos of guys trying to use magic as pick up artists... it looked pretty lame. Nothing wrong with using magic as an ice breaker, though. But the 'pick up' gimmick certainly cheapens the art form (to me).
MagicSarah
View Profile
Regular user
Kent, United Kingdom
195 Posts

Profile of MagicSarah
If you happen to pick a woman who likes magic then you could be on to something, bit not sure what hit rate you would expect!

Just mention that you 'do magic' should be enough. If she finds that interesting then she will ask to see something.

Bar bets (not as hustles!) are nice icebreakers - buy her a drink if she can't do it! Smile
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
I wouldn't lead off with magic, but assuming you're already in a chat with her and it's going well, maybe try borrowing a $1 bill from her. Fold it up with your own $1 bill, then unfold to reveal a single $2 bill. All kinds of ways you could present that, and it's not one of those corny effects with hearts.

This is kind of a neat, visual effect if you're determined to do pick-up magic: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4193
Now appearing nightly in my basement.