The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Betchas :: Betcha - Simon Lovell (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Czimmerman
View Profile
New user
Markesan, Wisconsin
52 Posts

Profile of Czimmerman
I finally got my copy read and loved it. I have been building a collection of bar bet books over the past few years. I always see bets repeated in all the books, but there were a few in this volume that I did not see before. I sincerely hope that Mr. Lovell is working on a volume two. The aspects of psychology in gaining trust, and in cooling down the mark are something I have yet to see in any bet book.

Side note-- the illustration on page 76 was truly disturbing. I will never see Simon in the same light ever again.
Stromberg
View Profile
Regular user
160 Posts

Profile of Stromberg
Thanks for review. Will pick it up to check out the psychology stuff, that's where the money is after all. Getting them to bet and pay with a smile on their face. Smile
Quatermass
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Quatermass
I love this book. The math tricks were really fun.
galerius
View Profile
Loyal user
Piemontese Alps ( Northwestern Italy )
245 Posts

Profile of galerius
Cons : a little expensive, and I would have preferred if stunts were sorted by subject ;
Pros : everything else ! Bets I didn't read of previously, clever scams, clear explanations, brilliant style.
So I second the above recommendations.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2724 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Simon was very sick. Anyone know what his condition is now.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
farmerkarl
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of farmerkarl
That was quite a while ago but he is alive and well ( I think the health issue was a reaction to a bee sting ) Simey says have 2 eppi pens now you know!