The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Shuffled not Stirred :: Creating a fun new deck... (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ultimatecreate
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Quebec
27 Posts

Profile of Ultimatecreate
Hi all,

I had an idea for a great new trick deck tonight and put pen to paper.

Ideally, I need to grab 26 cards of value A and 26 cards of value B (all bicycle cards with the same back). Would this simply be a two way force deck I need to pick up?

I also need a way of quickly locating the exact middle of the deck. I've had some great experience using breather cards, but there must be other (better) methods. I was thinking a shim card but haven't had any experience using these

Any ideas?

Alex
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
SW Michigan
2903 Posts

Profile of Tom G
You could use a short card.
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
Yes, a 2-way force deck is what you need. I would definitely suggest either a corner short or a scalloped short (if you need the corners for faros or other reasons). You would do this to the 27th card so that by putting upward pressure on the deck, you'd split evenly at 26. For a corner short, I'd recommend a 5mm corner rounder like this one:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00161Q13C/ref=......ST1_dp_1
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
863 Posts

Profile of magico
I agree you can use a short card. There is nothing wrong with a breather crimp. You can also use a pencil dotted card or a thick card.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
The best method is just to learn how to cut twenty-six cards. It is not that difficult.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
LOL@Kabbalah! Great post!
TH

Occupy Your Dream