The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Where to put it all... :: Raven setup (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Tetkom4
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Tetkom4
I'm opening my friends magic show and plan on using the Raven for one of my tricks. I'm having one problem with it though. I was planning on doing it third or fourth in the set list. I'm just not sure how I'm going to get the gimmick in my hand at that time without making it look obvious. Can anyone lend me some ideas?
You think that trick was good? you should see what i can do with my...............
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
It depends how you set it up...with the belt, sleeve or in the shirt itself. Misdirection is the way to approach this, however, while you are doing another trick or something of the sort.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
I wold suggest you use the belt hook-up, it will make it easier to get hold of it in the middle of your act, combine it with misdirection as Astinus mentioned and it will work out great.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
GavinK
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
60 Posts

Profile of GavinK
Misdirection works wonders but not like practice. Just practice getting the Raven in position over and over till you have it smooth (not fishing around to find it). Then all you need is a bit of misdirection.