The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Gambling Spot :: Hardback Ritter book arrived today! (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Now shipping.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1731 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Now shipping from where? Looked at Houdini's website- nothing. Is Geno putting this out?

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
Seems a bit "old school", but in December, over on the Genii Forum, Geno said the book was $95.00 (unless you pre-ordered at $85.00), and to email him directly if you wanted one:

munari@msn.com

He wrote at the time that he's got a limited edition of 300 hardcover books, after which he'll be selling softcover books (perhaps at a lower price, and in an open edition?).

For now, it seems specific details related to payment method, shipping costs, etc are only available on the receiving end of an email from Geno.
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1731 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Got it - thanks. I knew Geno was putting this edition out, but I missed that thread on the Genii forum.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Bill Mullins
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Bill Mullins
Got mine a couple days ago.

A budding mechanic is ready to crack it open . . .

https://twitter.com/mullins_bill/status/588724462700339201
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16557 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2531 Posts

Profile of brehaut
What kind of information is in the book? thanks
Artie Fufkin
View Profile
Special user
853 Posts

Profile of Artie Fufkin
It's a period book on advantage play at draw poker.

It's claim to fame is that it's a very, very rare book, only a few original copies left.
Prior to this release, if you wanted to read the contents, you were pretty much out of luck.

It contains material of interest if you're interested in draw poker, cheating at cards, or the history of gambling and poker in general.