The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workshop :: My new tech theatre and design blog (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3045 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
A few days ago I caught myself thinking about a bucket list, and once I got past the Summer studying old architecture in Europe, and making a horror movie, and a couple of other things, it hit me that maybe I should do a blog on theatrical design and technology.

For the past six years I've been asked to serve as a judge at a local college's annual High School Theatre Festival, which consists of over a thousand kids from all over the Bay Area taking part in two intense days of judged events in acting, dance, choreography, and such, along with theatre design and tech. We never had anything like this when I was in HS, but it is amazing to see and to be part of it. So I said, what the heck, why don't I just write down what I know, on an ongoing basis instead of in a book, and see what happens. The blog isn't up yet, 'cuz I want to have some material in it before it hits the airwaves, but I'm shooting for a week or two. It'll be along the lines of my columns here, but geared towards school, college, and community theatre. I'll announce it when it's up.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Looking forward to it.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
AGMagic
View Profile
Special user
Cailf.
775 Posts

Profile of AGMagic
I am sure it will be educational and enlightening.
Tim Silver - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Magic-Woodshop/122578214436546

I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Visualize Whirled Peas!
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9500 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
And have cats
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3045 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Probably not, unless I can design a better mousetrap. Smile
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

MagicSA
View Profile
New user
South Africa
67 Posts

Profile of MagicSA
Think there is a need for that, George. Magicians, especially illusionists can learn a lot from this field. Let us know when it is up and running. Would definitely read it.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3045 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
Wow, I can't believe I started the thing back in April. Feels like yesterday. But I got slammed with design work around that time and I've been going at it since then. Thanks for the nudge. Smile
www.georgefledo.net