The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: APPearing Soon... :: New iOS App: Earworm - a YouTube and Spotify song prediction effect (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Hey Jono,

I don’t believe Earworm is “buggy” or “glitchy” at all. It’s also being constantly updated with new features and fixes - the last update was one week ago, in fact.

In fact, you messaged me yesterday and I spent time explaining what it was you were doing wrong. I don’t believe you’ve replied to my messages yet, but do check what I’ve sent as I believe it will help you.

Thanks.
Felipe Oliver
View Profile
New user
Brazil
54 Posts

Profile of Felipe Oliver
This app is a killer!!!
rasp
View Profile
Inner circle
1122 Posts

Profile of rasp
Felipe Oliver, are you on a mission to get to 50 posts?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Since its release, Earworm's Web Search input has become many people's favourite way to perform Earworm.

It lets you type the spectator's chosen song directly and accurately into the phone, right under the spectator's nose, without them suspecting a thing.

This happens by having you show the spectator just how difficult the effect is. You take out your phone and apparently search for "how many songs are on YouTube?", but really type in the song that the spectator named, which gets replaced letter by letter as you type.
(Here's a video demonstrating the input method in more detail: https://vimeo.com/323519823 )

However, over the last few years, I've made Earworm work with other services - many people use Earworm's integrations with my apps WikiTest and Streets Pro.

And so when using Earworm with Streets Pro, for instance, you might want to be apparently searching for a more appropriate phrase, such as "how many landmarks are there in london".

Furthermore, Earworm now has an App Integration API, meaning that it can be used as an input method to other effects. This might be to update your Instagram bio with Hydra or to render a prediction video with Prevision. When using other apps, the thing you're apparently searching for needs to change too.

And so, in the latest version of Earworm, I've added multiple Web Search input strings.

This means that you can now set up to three strings of text to use for Earworm's Web Search input in the settings, each of which is immediately available to use in performance.

Choosing which to use in performance is simple, yet the process remains hidden to the spectator: the text that comes up depends on where the address bar is tapped, be it either the left, middle or right.

So now, if you want to use Earworm with Streets Pro, or a third party app, you'll be immediately ready to perform at a moment's notice.

This feature is available now in Earworm 3.1.1, a free update for all users.

Checkout Earworm on the App Store here.

Thanks!

Click here to view attached image.
Rory111
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of Rory111
Just got the WikiTest / Earworm bundle the other day... better late than never Smile I'm still playing with them, but haven't performed either one yet... My first thoughts are "Wow"... This sh*t is genius. Too cool. Definitely love them so far!
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Earworm 3.2.1 is out on the App Store now with a couple of new features, including bottom bar support in the Web Search input.
Note that this input can still be used with other apps too via Earworm's free API, letting you use this with WikiTest, Streets Pro, Hydra, and many more apps and services.

Earworm's free update is available on the App Store here: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/earworm/id953365139

Thanks!