The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magical Accessories :: Idiot’s Servante by Chuck Fayne – review needed (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Rebecca Travis
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, BC
110 Posts

Profile of Rebecca Travis
Hello,

I saw this servante on the Hank Lee’s catalog, and did not find anybody discussing it.

I have even searched it in the first year archive

The ad goes like this:

You're sitting at a table doing close-up magic. Any small item held in your hand suddenly vanishes! (The technical term here is lapping)
Immediately, you stand up! You are completely clean!
If you wear a jacket, this trick is for you! This non-topit utility device is a Chuck Fayne favorite. It is totally baffling, even to those in the know!
Great for cards, coins, salt shakers, glasses, etc.
Once you try it, you'll never leave home without it. Idiot Servante comes with the well-made prop and instructional video.

Could anybody tell me if it has to be sewn to the jacket? I am not using the Ammar topit for this reason…

Thank you in advance for your help!

Rebecca
Dennis
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Dennis
Hi Rebecca

I asked for a review of this months ago!
(but I spelled it wrong)
I don't know either no one has ever bought one
or It's so killer no one will talk about it!

Come on guys (and girls) no one owns one???

Dennis
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It is very hard to talk about this servante without exposure. As all aspects lean that way of disclosure. I will say you need a coat to use it.

Being Rebecca is a female you may find a way to use it with a normal skirt, not a tight skirt. Otherwise you need slacks and full jacket.

Hope this helped.
KirkG
View Profile
Inner circle
1391 Posts

Profile of KirkG
But it is not sewn into the jacket. It is just a new release of a very old concept. Terry Lunceford has a video out with this as well. In fact it may be the same video. Anyone know?

Kirk
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Sounds like the one Ron Wilson used years ago and I think is in his book "The Uncanny Scot."
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Xavier
View Profile
Loyal user
Australia
209 Posts

Profile of Xavier
I have seen this in action. Very clever. Imagine performing the glass through table (With sheet of newspaper), however the glass vanishes and you can immediately stand up!

Absolutely no trace of the glass and your hand remain in view the entire time.

As I said it's very cool but you really need a venue where you can sit. Unfortunately, I can't think of too many gigs where I have had the chance to sit down.

Warmest regards,

Xavier.