The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Rings, strings & things :: Colin Mackenzies Fly Drive ?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
I recently got Colin Mackenzie's Fly Drive having read an old thread on here, it was mentioned that 10p English coins could be used with this product however whenever I load a 10p coin I can never dislodge it.

Can any other British performers out there use a 10p without any problems or is it just mine that is faulty as smaller coins don't really make for visual magic not to mention that a 10p coin in England is probably one of the most commonly carried coins.
zacksdad
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of zacksdad
Hi Warren
I just bought this at Blackpool, and I have the same problem you do.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 24, 2015, zacksdad wrote:
Hi Warren
I just bought this at Blackpool, and I have the same problem you do.

Unless using a ring I think it best with either £1 coins or 20p coins but not what I was hoping for, for versatility you can't beat Nick Einhorn's deluxe nesting wallets.
zacksdad
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of zacksdad
I've just watched the DVD that comes with it, and am keen to try it out. Looks very easy to do and I like the transposition effect with the battery. I think it makes more sense to do a transpo rather than simply making something appear in the key..

The deluxe nesting wallets are more versatile for what can be used, I agree. But for me I like the fast reset and "naturalness" of fly drive.

I'll have a better idea after I've performed it a few times I guess. Thinking of keeping Gregory Wilsons freakey on the key fob and going into that as a follow up. Or maybe vanish the ring, take the keys out and perform freakey while the spectator holds fly drive before showing that the ring has been in their hand since the start...a bit of time misdirection. Perhaps even plant the suggestion that the spectator had hold of the keys since before she handed over her ring?
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
That's the reason I purchased it too ie to have on my key ring for impromptu stuff its good but would be better if you could use a 10p coin, as for the reset with the nesting wallets its as quick as just putting the wallets back inside each other but I know where your coming from Smile
kumpletoo
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of kumpletoo
You can widen the opening with a dremmel tool. This is what I have done with mine. You just have to be careful when shaving the plastic material off. It works well.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4221 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Feb 27, 2015, kumpletoo wrote:
You can widen the opening with a dremmel tool. This is what I have done with mine. You just have to be careful when shaving the plastic material off. It works well.

I was tempted to try something like that but I'm a bit concerned that I wouldn't be able to close the back properly afterwards.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
It is easy to widen, if you use a Dremel, take very light passes, and don’t try to get it on the first shot. Using an emery board is even better. It may take longer, but you won’t do any damage. You can also scrape it with a razor, but this is dangerous and not recommended, if you must,using one in a handle is better. But be careful not to slip and slice your fingers.
rmendez
View Profile
Inner circle
San Antonio, Texas
1255 Posts

Profile of rmendez
I have not been this excited about an item in awhile. I perform this as a impossible location finale to my signature ring and string routine. This is the only translocation destination I have ever used where the spectator did not prematurely anticipate the location of the borrowed ring even while holding my keychain in their very own hands. Out of fear of wearing out the detachable back, I have opted to remove their ring from the same place it is loaded since no one seems to notice or care. All they remember is that their ring was in my key fob while they were holding it before the ring vanished. Thoughts?