The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: MINDvention :: Max Maven 2015 Guest of Honor! (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Danny Archer
View Profile
V.I.P.
Philly
609 Posts

Profile of Danny Archer
So happy to announce that the one and only Max Maven will be our special guest of honor and recipient of the MINDvention Lifetime Achievement Award.

Orson Welles wrote that Max Maven has “the most original mind in magic.” Fortuitously, he died before he could revise that opinion. The New York Times observed that Max’s “category-defying mind-reading show veers into conceptual art.” People magazine hailed his work as “a new form of participatory theater.” The Los Angeles Times stated that his “improvisational skill is enhanced by a charismatic animal magnetism.” No, we don’t know exactly what that’s supposed to mean, but apparently audiences in over three dozen countries agree, as Max Maven’s mysteries transcend linguistic and cultural boundaries: He’s performed on six of the seven continents (and, with all due respect, he feels he can live without Antarctica).

His television credits include guest-starring on such diverse shows as General Hospital and Top Chef Masters, hosting eight network specials in Japan (performing in Japanese), starring in series in Italy, Taiwan, Sweden, Norway, Finland, Israel, England and Canada, and appearing on shows in Spain, Portugal, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Scotland, Ireland, Chile, Singapore, Thailand and South Korea. Behind the scenes, Max has been a consultant for most of the top names in contemporary magic, and an advisor on over one hundred television shows. He has published approximately two thousand articles, tricks and essays, and now he is very tired
volcane
View Profile
New user
Virginia
37 Posts

Profile of volcane
I caught Max's intimate one-man show in New York in May 2013 and it was an honor, a pleasure, and an education to see Max in action. His audience control was terrific, his selection of demonstrations (mentalists: we don't do tricks or effects!), and all the elements of costume design, stage design, music and lighting as produced by Sandy Marshall, were spot on. There is nothing better than watching a pro perform live with muggles -- I mean, people -- and Max is an original that must be seen up close and in person. I starting buy material from him BhwM (Before he was Max) in Boston, and it's high time that the mentalism community gathered to think his praises (just send your thoughts and he'll pick 'em up). I'm looking forward to seeing what topics Max will choose for his lecture at MINDvention 2015; but whatever he does, it will be worth the trip. Huzzah! Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10800 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I will only attend if Max wears black. 😄
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
982 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
Hahah max may surprise us!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Justin Lewis
View Profile
Special user
982 Posts

Profile of Justin Lewis
This year will be my first mindvention. I'm very excited to learn a lot and meet Everyone!
“The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it.”- Anonymous
Xelena
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Xelena
I own and watch regurlarly both VideoMind and Nothing.
This is going to be a big event to see him in real life!
I can't wait!
MagicalEducator
View Profile
Veteran user
369 Posts

Profile of MagicalEducator
Max is simply brilliant although I did love watching sweep up Tom Stone's sponge balls at Genii 75th.
Voted "Canada's Most Inspirational Magician"
www.MagicalEducator.com

Check out my column "Magic is Education" in Vanish Magazine
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
I definitely have to make MindVention again this year. Last year was my first and I thoroughly enjoyed it and didn't want it to end. Having Max on the bill lights my fire even more. In an APPROPRIATE way, that is...
StephenRoy
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of StephenRoy
I saw Max in August at the Magic Castle and again last month at the Steve Allen Theater in Hollywood in his "Knowing and Not Knowing" show. Always amazing. "Knowing and Not Knowing" was my girlfriends first-ever (and she's 40) "magic show' experience and she loved it! This will be my first MINDvention and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone!
LoganPorterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
137 Posts

Profile of LoganPorterMagic
I am new to this. Is mindvention happening every year?
Joe Atmore
View Profile
Elite user
Joe Atmore
419 Posts

Profile of Joe Atmore
Perhaps instead of posting over 30 times in one day with one liners to hit the magic number, you actually take a look at the forum you are posting in and see the topics listed to answer your question.
Best Thoughts,

Joe Atmore
International Artists Consultant Uri Geller's Phenomenon TV Series;
PEA Bob Haines Memorial Award;
Dunninger Show Recreation;
Author of Dunninger Knows and Dunninger's Brain Busters

JosephAtmore.com