The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The workers :: not reinventing the wheel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1790 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I asked this at secret sessions but I thought I would post it here too.I am currently working on a stand up routine for the "Aces through the table" that I can do while Table Hopping & does not use any duplicates or gaffed cards. However, I was wondering if anyone is familiar with anything like this in print. I am pretty happy with my method but if someone else has documented something like this before then I would like to give credit where credit is due.
Thanks in advance, Tom Boehnlein
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Cards through table is not a new plot, Bro. John Hamman had a routine in his first book published in the late fifties.

My favourite version is where the aces are coming UP through the table, Terry LaGerould's 'Beware of Strangers' in his book "Pasteboard Presentations" (a good book, I do have a couple left in stock Smile)I used to have fun with that, but you need table space.

Martin Nash's routine, 'Matter Through Matter That Matters' appeared in "Ever So Sleightly" (1975) three selections pass through, but this is a version where you really need to be seated.

Paul Hallas
Hannes
View Profile
New user
Germany
83 Posts

Profile of Hannes
Hi,
you are talking about a book of brother john hamman, is it the booklet "the cardmagic of brother john Hamman" by Paul LePaul?
(by the way, thre exist also other stuff from/about Hamman, beside this booklet and richard Kaufmanns book "Secrets of Bro. J. Hamman"?)
Hannes
MattSedlak
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MattSedlak
The Paul Lepaul presents The Magic of Brother John Hamman is a great book. It shouldn't be too hard to find, I mean I picked up my copy at Tannen's and if they have something so does everyone else Smile The Million To One Chance is also a nice routine though it needs some work. It is definately a fooler.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1790 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I have the Lepaul book in question I know that cards through the table is not a new plot, I am referring to a routine that does not require you to be seated or a large amount of table space, in addition to no gaff or duplicate cards.
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1790 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
I have the Lepaul book in question I know that cards through the table is not a new plot, I am referring to a routine that does not require you to be seated or a large amount of table space, in addition to no gaff or duplicate cards.