The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Coin Magic for parlour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
I'm looking for a video containing routines with coins to use in a parlour situation (not manipulation). In other words I need something suitable for standing-up, with no need for a table, visible in a parlour setting and which has a plot or any sort of original presentation. (I'm thinking for example to coin in bottle, Ammar's coins through silk, miser's dream...)

Thanks
Academy
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Academy,

You answered your own question. Mike Ammar for coin in bottle and pat page for miser dream.

There just isn't that much you can do stand up with coins.

Bill
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Thank you for your useful information. Beside the routines I mentioned any other strikes your mind. Maybe something which is not "coin magic" but is related with coins...

Thanks
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
Try the daied Roth dvds they have triks like hanging coins coin in bottle c/s routines etc... Smile
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5451 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
There are a number (maybe even a ton!) of coin tricks that can be done stand-up.

Danny Korem has very nice coins to glass in his book “Korem Without Limits”. The routine was designed for stand-up venues and can be played to an audience of up to 500. Danny has several stand-up routines in his book that are specifically designed for that size venue.

John Kennedy has a different handling in his “Visible Coins to Glass”.

I think that the time spent learning a coin “Roll-down” flourish is well spent. It is a nice show-off move that is visible to even fairly large groups. Do the flourish, and then use the coins for the coins to glass.

Troy Hoosier has a book and several DVD’s addressing just that topic. Look at all the versions of the 3-Fly theme (an other coins across themes).

Years ago Steve Ducheck put out a Zombie like routine using a jumbo coin that ended with the coin turning into a fan of paper bills. I remade the gimmick using a silver dollar rather than a jumbo coin. It played well and was visible.

Johnny Fox performs a series of coin flourishes in his Festival act. The act plays for audiences of about 1000 people (some times more!). Johnny displays five coins and then does a series of multiple coin finger rolls. He then does multiple coin rolls using both hands at the same time, does a Roll Out and concludes with a coin balanced on the pad of each finger (does it under a handkerchief and whisks the handkerchief away showing the coins with a loud “TA-DA!”). He does the muscle pass of a coin openly, visibly, and as a joke (If I had done this 200 years ago you would have said, “burn him!” Now you say “so what!”) Puts the coins away and goes into his cups and balls.

I think that is enough to get you thinking about what you want in your act.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
289 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
You can also check out Gary Kurtz' A1 video called Creating Magic. He has a nice coin act called Misty Like a Dream...he also has a few other (non coin) routines that would be suitable for parlour..
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I think max maven has some good stuff that you'd be interested oin