The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Paul Daniels The inner secrets of Professional magic DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Dirko
View Profile
Loyal user
Michigan
287 Posts

Profile of Dirko
Has anyone seen this yet? Is it any good. I think the tricks look basic and easy to find in other places. Am I right or is this worth my investment?
Jon Gallagher
View Profile
Veteran user
Elmwood, Illinois
395 Posts

Profile of Jon Gallagher
Paul's a pretty amazing guy. He's funny, and a darned good magician, but on this DVD he gives nothing away that you couldn't get from a good club meeting. Basically, he took a camcorder out in his back yard and made a video of some pretty simple effects without all the fancy editing.

While it's true you don't need a lot of fancy editing to put together a quality video, it seems that Paul didn't spend much money putting this together, but at the same time, put a premium price on it. Then again, after attending one of his "master classes" and seeing how he operates, this doesn't surprise me.

Save your money. It could be better spent lots of other places.
www.jongallagher.com

Hey! I'm finally a Dot Com!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
This DVD STUNK! He may be a great magician ( I couldn't tell from this ) but he's dull and this DVD title was misleading.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier