The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Latest and Greatest? :: At the Table Live Lecture with Francis Menotti 1/14 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Hey guys!

Just wanted to let you know Francis Menotti will be giving an At The Table lecture tonight at 4pm PT / 7pm ET! Get access through your favorite Murphy's dealer!

If you're still on the fence you can watch the first 20 minutes for free at http://www.murphysmagic.com/free20 and at most Murphy's dealers! On top of that we'll also be giving away a free deck of At The Table Playing Cards Signature Edition, so tune in and join us tonight!

"With an undisputable passion and love for magic, Francis Menotti is one of the best at taking magic as a craft and turning it into ART. Famous for his powerful presentations of magic, we can guarantee that anyone interested in improving their magic will learn something from Menotti.

During this At The Table Experience, Menotti will not only perform and teach the inner workings of some of his most famous effects such as Exdyslically Shunuffled, but also bring with him unpublished work on cards, coins and even the mind. In other words, there will be something here for everyone!

No matter where you are in the world - here is your chance to watch and learn from one of the best. Experience Menotti and ask any questions live you might have along the way. Get your VIP Membership today!"

MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
Just a friendly reminder for those interested - Get your questions answered on air by joining us on Skype!
Just add At_The_Table to your contact list, the fun starts at 4pm PT/ 7pm ET! Smile
Mike.Hankins
View Profile
Veteran user
320 Posts

Profile of Mike.Hankins
Francis will also include an autographed deck of Bicycle Playing cards as well!
Mike.Hankins

Instagram: MHMagic77

Twitter: @HankinsMagic

FaceBook: Yup!
Ace of Spades
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Ace of Spades
This is going to be good.
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
I'll be posting a review shortly onto this playlist. It is the most complete set of reviews on Murphy's lectures in the world, feel free to subscribe for updates.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL......nyRFkRst
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Francis Menotti came to At the Table and gave an incredible lecture of insight, practical theory and some great routines. Throughout the lecture, Francis did a lot of practical theory on character, performance style and changing effects to fit your character.

He also showed how he manages his props for shows and I will be using it because it is simple, manageable and easy to carry around. Francis also gave a masterclass on the faro shuffle and a few great routines were given utilising this tool. This lecture's gold is in the theory and ideas from Mr Menotti however some great routines were taught.

Exdyslically Shunuffled was Francis' hilarious signature effect which opened the lecture. He explained why he opens his show with it. The routine is fairly easy to do, method-wise, however the scripting will take a lot of practice. He also taught a really nice coin and Sharpie routine which I am already using. A few other small things were taught such as a really nice coin transpo.

Overall, this was a really great lecture. His theory and thoughts are really valuable and I got a lot out of this lecture. I also thought that people using Skype to ask questions to the performer was really fun and there were a few "surprises" in this lecture (ie. Christopher Wiehl on a toilet)

For more information, please visit:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/atthetable/

Watch the first 20 minutes of these lectures for FREE:
http://www.murphysmagic.com/free20/
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
It was a great lecture. Francis has some awesome thoughts on magic. He is a great performer as well and his chops are tight. I really liked his diagonal palm shift work.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
goatears
View Profile
Veteran user
400 Posts

Profile of goatears
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDDvGJdDfrQ

Francis Menotti is the Malcolm Gladwell of magic. His magic is uniquely academic and incredibly artsy. He also holds a very slight resemblance to Malcolm Gladwell (He also kinda resembles Josh Groban as well but that really doesn’t have anything to do with his magic). I have been a long time fan and was stoked to see this lecture.

Exdisically Shunuffled: As the magician shuffles up the pack his word become mixed up, as the pack reassembles itself the magician begins to speak more clearly. Francis mainly uses this as a way to teach a whole lot about magic. He talks about character, what trick to use as an opener and scripting. He talks about the secret but never really goes through it piece by piece. His reasoning for this is that it is a signature effect and that the main method is known by most magicians anyways. It didn’t bother me in the slightest that he didn’t teach it in detail.

Silver Copper Conundrum: This is a fun very visual transposition routine where a copper and silver coin change places over and over and over again. I didn’t love every piece of this but there were specific phases that I could see myself performing. You will need a certain gimmicked coin for this routine but it is one of the most common coin gaffs available and can be obtained for very little.

Ins and Outs: Sramed as an expose of magicians Francis shows how a gambler or magician could control the position of every card in the deck. He openly displays how he can faro a deck of cards perfectly shuffling them together.until a selected card appears at a named number and the deck rights itself. There’s a nice surprising transposition at the end as well. This requires some pretty tough sleight of hand but it is definitely doable if you are comfortable with faro work.

Ring To Nest of Wallets: Francis shows how he adapts magic to fit his own style teaching a fun routine with the nest of wallets by Nick Einhorn. The concepts here could be applied to any routine and the routine could be applied to almost any ring flight routine even if you don’t have a nest of wallets.

Vivid 2.0: A spectator names a random year and a coin with that ear is found in an envelope that they were holding the entire time. This is a fun piece of mentalism that really needs to be performed on a parlor stage or bigger to accommodate the method. The original vivid is available in a couple different places and vivid 2.0 solves some problems of the first while creating its own problems as well. If you are a fan of the original effect but were bothered by the method this method may be for you.

So that’s it. There wasn’t a whole lot of magic discussed on this lecture but I do feel like he touched on so many unique bits of business that really help me as a performer. There were many aspects of theory and branding that he touched on that I can find myself applying to my magic and I see no reason why others couldn’t do the same.