The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. :: Best Coin DvDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
I am interested in coin magic and I just want to hear peoples opinions on the best coin magic DvDs.
I quite like the look of Dean Dill's new DvD's, is the material on hear very challenging or is it quite simple?
I have seen the advertising for the Ultimate Coin Magic set by Roth, but the stuff doesn't really appeal to me except No.3.
Has any one got any other suggestions.
Owen
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of academy
Hello owen.daniel, if you like practicing and visual magic you can't go wrong with Curtis Kam.

Sincerely
Academy
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
I would go for: Ultimate Coin Magic Collection 1-4 with David Roth (DVD) - The Greatest Collection Of Coin Magic Ever Assembled On DVD!!!
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
AngeJudor
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of AngeJudor
Hello,

as JackDaniel, I recommend David Roth collection. I started with it and I was very satisfied !

---
Ange.
Lonewolf123
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
336 Posts

Profile of Lonewolf123
Head they put you to sleep because they are quite boring..even though the material is good.
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
I like David Roth's Expert Coin Magic Made Easy. I only have Vol 1 & 2 so far, but I love them both. David Roth makes coin magic look absolutely magical, and his technique is flawless.
Badger
View Profile
Elite user
Ireland
401 Posts

Profile of Badger
How about the DVD's that reed puts out the material on his DVD's are very challenging, can't go wrong. Smile
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Check out the reviews section of my website (link in my signature).

I have a bunch of reviews there.

How skilled are you with coins? Just starting out? Fairly advanced? What types of effects interest you?
Click to visit:
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Here are a few sugetions:

Jay Sankey's Revolutionary Coin Magic.
Michael Rubinstein's Knock-Out Coin Magic (3 volumes on one dvd).
Michael Rubenstein's Encyclopedia of Coin Sleights, vol 1 - 3.

Peo
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi,
Dan Watkins, I am very seletive of what sort of magic interests me. Currently I am quite interested in Matrix routines.
My favourite coin routines are Paul Gertner's, but I do loads of coin magic by others such as Chris Korn, Bob Kohler. Not a great fan of Roth's more stand up approach yet I like the magic in Expert Coin Magic (book)Chapter 3.
I don't have any Reed McClintock items, I will check them out.
Owen
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Doug Brewer recently filmed a DVD of his material in "The Unexpected Visitor" (book). If you liked the book or didn't get it, I would recommend checking this DVD out when it hits the stores. All of Doug's routines are real workers and are very good.

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Owen,

If you like Matrix stuff, Don't hesitate on Dean Dill's DVDs. Dean's coinmagic is very heavily focused on matrix and bare handed assembly work.

Other material: David Neighbors has a lot of Matrix stuff in print - you could PM here as to which notes he would recommend for the most matrix stuff. (Not a DVD though).

John Born's "Matrix God's Way" - I have a review of this on my website. (Not a DVD though).

L&L has upcomming DVDs of Joe Rindfleisch. He has a bunch of this type of coin magic.

Shoot Ogawa had a few nice Matrix routines on Cultural Exchange 2
Click to visit:
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
2001 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Although not on DVD, I really thought the David Stone videos were amazing... hopefully he releases this on DVD some day Smile
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
WayneNZ
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1014 Posts

Profile of WayneNZ
Its only a video but Paul Cummins
"Up in Smoke" is well worth checking out.
Its also about time he put out a DVD
on his cool card work. Smile
Jem
View Profile
Veteran user
Singapore
342 Posts

Profile of Jem
Quote:
On 2004-02-05 11:22, iamslow wrote:
Although not on DVD, I really thought the David Stone videos were amazing... hopefully he releases this on DVD some day Smile

I agree. The David Stone videos are great. I like Stone's style of coin magic and his handling of coins. I just wish that the series would come out on DVD format.
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Hi
Thanks for all your help and input.
I have looked at sites and reviews, and seen other reviews for coin DVDs in the Café.
I think I am most likely to get:
The Coin Patriot by Reed McClintock
Extreme Dean1,2 by Dean Dill
Steel and Silver 1-4 by Paul Gertner (when they are out)

Thanks,
owen